Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We are New members, here's our Jeep!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ovrlnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2012 at 2:03pm
nice jeep!
979tampa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 979tampa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 2012 at 3:37pm
Thank you for all of the nice comments and for letting us share our story. We are looking forward to future posts on this site and years of fun with our jeep :)

Remember one man's Junk is another one's Treasure.
ralf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 2012 at 3:46pm
Now you can tackle Magic Mountain.LOL

I used to visit that area and remember these giant open pit phosphorous mine.  I would think that an abandoned mine would be a good place to explore with a CJ unless they are all filled with water.  Or, low friends in high places may gain you admittance to an active site.  I would think that if you drove the rig up to the field office of one of those mines, before you knew it there would be gawkers,  followed by a lets take a spin around the site.
1947 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee Tractor

1941 J-3 Cub
1957 Farmall Cub Low Boy tractor
1942 Clarktor WW2 tug
Gunslinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 2012 at 2:46am
I might have kept that grenade launcher...not sure where you'd get another.... Nice jeep though, gotta give you that...
Gunslinger
50 CJ3A, M38A1
979tampa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 979tampa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2012 at 3:35am
The guy actually did not want it and had me take it off and put the regular hand guards back on. Then I sold it to a friend for $300 that cash I put back in to the jeep for accessories and new tires. If your intrested in the launcher, a Spikes tactical makes them here in Florida.
regor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2012 at 12:19pm
Awesome jeep and story. Also awesome that Willy's jeeps keep turning up like they do.

Rob H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2012 at 2:30pm
Great story and I'm definately drooling over your Jeep!Thumbs Up
Rob H.

1948 CJ2A
bits and pieces of three 3A's
1967-72 Chevy C/10 kinda combined them LOL

BOWJA01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOWJA01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2012 at 6:43pm
very, very  nice.. good luck and enjoy it!
Jim
houndsman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houndsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2012 at 3:41am
always like the guns but thats a very nice jeep, is that the harvard red paint color? also are the parking light lenses red? never seen any red ones before.Thumbs UpThumbs Up
Houndsman47 CJ2A,
PlacerWilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlacerWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2012 at 11:05pm
Geat read and a great Jeep !
Enjoy Big smile
~~~~~~~~~
Will
1947 CJ2a 111xxx
1947 CJ2a 88xxx(parts donor)
979tampa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 979tampa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb. 2012 at 1:56am
Yeah its Harvard Red, at first when I was doing the research on the color I thought it was was luzon red but I have found out that is more of a maroon. As for the parking light they are amber, I think the color of the jeep makes them look red.  Thanks again for all the great comments.
Harveynailbanger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harveynailbanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar. 2012 at 3:36am
Name?  how about 2nd amendment?

Rick
if the grass is greener on the other side, try waterin your grass.
"I hope I'm half the person that my dogs think I am"
I only do what the voices in my toolbox tell me to.
46 CJ2A 71804
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12