Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - Your Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1951 willys pickup project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 27>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2012 at 5:59pm
When you turn it the oil rings are scraping the cylinder walls right? Hence no oil where you just turned it.

How are you pouring oil in where it will coat the cylinder walls?

The fogging oil is just that. Pull a plug, shoot in the aerosol oil and it 'fogs' the whole cylinder wall with oil.

Just what I would do......you don't have to.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Schimms15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schimms15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2012 at 7:15pm
When I had the head off I poured oil into each cylinder then ran clean oil soaked tp through it and got everything all good and lubed. And I used fogging oil for my boat engines. I just don't know if I would need it with the amount of oil in each cylinder already.
46 2a
51 truck project named Karen
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2012 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Schimms15 Schimms15 wrote:

...... and then pour oil over it all, turn the starter a few times to cycle it all and put it into storage untill i return from college to put it in my truck frame. 

Well, that's not what you said the first time (quote) so I was going by that. You said you turned it over.

It was just a suggestion.......sorry.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Schimms15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schimms15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2012 at 8:05pm
No your fine. I just don't want to buy another set of plugs these are brand new and the cylinder feels good. It all should last untill I get to it next.
46 2a
Schimms15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schimms15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2012 at 9:21pm
thanks for all the advice guys. today was my last day of real work on it untill i get back on break. good news is i finally know how much i have left to spend on the project instead of the phantom bill above my head choking my big item buying. 
46 2a
Schimms15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schimms15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2012 at 12:45am
hit a huge problem today my  radiator came but its the wrong one called the company and they had a typo in the description long story short it wont work and i want my 210 back. so i need some help form anyone out there with a willys pick up. the radiator does it have a V notch cut out of the bottom dead center yes or no? also i see some with uper inlet on the driver side and others with it dead center which is correct? thanks guys 
46 2a
Schimms15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schimms15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2012 at 10:45pm
ok got it worked out . i still dont know if the radiator should have a V cut however i did get a proper one ordered from the site. the one they sent me was a repack and unfortunately they put the wrong radiator in the box. so i got some kind of honda radiator. 
46 2a
Schimms15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schimms15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2012 at 8:35pm
46 2a
Schimms15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schimms15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2012 at 1:46am
was up for hunting weekend didnt get to do everything i wanted on the truck. got the engine dropped in, and my stupid brake lines were leaking so i replaced the T it junctioned at and will hopefully bleed them over thanksgiving and God willing they will no longer leak. 
46 2a
hillbilly21 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct. 2012 at 11:27pm
MINE IS FLAT ACROSS THE BOTTOM ....SHOULD BE THE SAME AS WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR..
1946 CJ2a POW-MIA
51 M38 ORIGINAL
PRES NCFFC
www.eastcoastwillys.org
hillbillystoys.phanfare.co
Schimms15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schimms15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct. 2012 at 11:30pm
the one i got is more of a willys universal radiator, the length is off just by a bit on the bracket, height, and depth. i could grind the bracket to make it fit but ill just spacer it. It was cheaper then anything else i could find and the minor differences dont phase me to much. thanks for your help.
46 2a
mikec4193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec4193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct. 2012 at 1:27pm
Hey Schimms15

You gotta stop over to the www.oldwillysforum.com those guys and gals know Willys trucks and wagons...the knowledge base there is almost as scarey as on this forum. Like on here those folks breath Willys Jeeps.

MikeC
I am the squirrel....
Schimms15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schimms15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2012 at 5:43am
Went up north dropped my
Oil pan cleaned out oil that looks like jb weld. Cleaned up my oil pick up and took the advice to fog my cylinders. Turned her over by hand to find a white mark on my fly wheel, no mark on my pulley, and my oil pump way off. I know someone rebuilt it once and clearly put the distributor and oil pump in wrong. Also I began pulling my t case again. It's still leaking so I want to address this now. Ill go up over New Years and hopefully get more done. Oh and I set my rear axle end play. Thanks for all your help guys.
46 2a
Schimms15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schimms15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec. 2012 at 2:01am
well for those of you still following along at home ive made some progress here and there. a lot of material gathering, i will be home for almost a month so its truck time and of course the 2a. Also i need to thank all of you members that helped me out and sent me parts. Johnny bravo, Joe Deyoung, Damar2yxr, bill, and oil leaker. As well as a bunch of other 2a page members. So today i went over to a steel place and picked up a 4x8 foot section of 16 ga steel. i spent a few hours tonight just prepping stuff and assessing my cab. 
46 2a
Schimms15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schimms15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec. 2012 at 2:05am
and of course here are some pictures for you guys to see, as you can see i have a lot of work for me this month and what i found helpful instead of cardboard was just paper and a sharpie. mark it then cut and put on with a magnet to see. then keep going with the rest of my outlining.

[IMG]http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t422/schimms56/IMG_1491_zpsab57fcfe.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t422/schimms56/IMG_1495_zps55555d7e.jpg[/IMG

46 2a
Schimms15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schimms15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec. 2012 at 2:06am

46 2a
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec. 2012 at 2:11am
Looks like you got your work .... cut out .... for you ....
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Schimms15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schimms15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec. 2012 at 2:39am
nice pun. the real job will be learning to weld this metal in properly. im sure i can make the metal fit in properly but ive never really welded sheet steel before. 
46 2a
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 27>