Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Clubs for jeeps > IFFC Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arkansas Flat Fender Club

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williamsmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arkansas Flat Fender Club
    Posted: 27 Aug. 2012 at 9:28pm
Looking for Flatty owners from Arkansas.  I requested club info then became president.  So right now it is a one horse show.  If interested in getting together contact me at arffc_1@yahoo.com or send me a PM.  Looking for flat fender only owners or owner wannabe's.  Forming club to visit like minded individuals to swap storys, plan some activities and go to other club rally's.  I am down as president, but as we grow we can vote and make it simple.

Thank you,

Marty Williams

1946 CJ2A #72643

Dcdoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dcdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug. 2012 at 2:55am
hey,
I'm in Jessieville AR.
would be interested in joining up with ya.  We are a fair ways apart though, there is one other member on here I've seen that is from Hot Springs.  Drop me a line at dcdoc45@gmail(dot)com
I've got a 1946 cj2a not running yet, but soon will be.

dan s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2012 at 2:51am
Marty,
I'm in Bella Vista.  I have a few flat fenders.  I stopped counting at 20.  Check out my web site at www.jeep1942.com.

I'd be interested in an Arkansas flat fender group.

I'm part of the Arkansas MVPA chapter (ARMVPA.com).  It is a super group of military vehicle folks.  There are dozens of flat fender guys in there.

Dan S
GeoJeepers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoJeepers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2012 at 12:54am
Awesome!  I live in Searcy, I have a '46 that landed in my driveway, so my son and took it on as a project. It runs but is half assembled at the moment.  I sent you an email!
dan s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2013 at 3:34am
Marty,
Let's get the Arkansas Flat Fender Club going!  I was out this afternoon near Gravette and saw a guy driving his vintage unrestored Willys Wagon.  I think there are plenty of flat fender guys around here and I know there are several in SW MO as well.

I'm going to pick up a Willys M38 project tomorrow.  That brings the number of Willys flat fender jeeps in my collection to 20 something.

Dan in Bella Vista.
williamsmar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williamsmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2013 at 5:45pm
Dan,
I agree, i have been busy at my property in Osage in Carroll Co. and have not been home.  I am not a big Facebook fan although I have it, my primary use is class reunion stuff I just don't trust it for some reason. Give me a date and direction to your place and lets have a cup of coffee and check out your projects if that is ok with you?

Marty
1946 CJ2A #72643

dan s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2013 at 6:13pm
Marty,
I'd love to have you stop by for a visit.  I could show you some of the jeeps piled up around here.

I don't have much use for Facebook either.  I'd rather just communicate through email or better yet, by getting the jeeps out and driving.

A few of us with jeeps from the AR MVPA are getting together this Saturday (2/16) for a trail ride in the Buffalo River area.  We are planning for about a 50 mile ride.  It looks like it is going to be a cold one, but that is why we have named the event the Ozark Mountain Polar Trail Ride.  We plan to spend the day on gravel and dirt backroads in the National Forest and in the National Park.

Let's plan to get together soon.

Dan
Medic83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medic83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr. 2013 at 8:02pm
It would be great to have a Flat Fender Club near me.  I seem to be the only one in Southwest Arkansas who has one.  Good luck with the club, but Springdale would be a long drive at 40mph LOL
1946 Willys Jeep 12954

If common sense is so common, how come it's so hard to find?

There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity, and you've done past stupid.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoJeepers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec. 2013 at 5:30pm

I wanted to pick this one up again.  Our 46 is running and driving, my son drives it almost every day, 20 degrees or not.  He is crazy about it, but I think he REALLY needs some other flat fender people to hang out with.   Let's get something going in Arkansas.

Edited by GeoJeepers - 12 Dec. 2013 at 5:40pm
dan s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec. 2013 at 7:14pm

GeoJeepers,

I am not involved in the official Arkansas Flat Fender's Club and I don't know if anything has ever been done as far as a club?? 

I got together with a few friends here in Arkansas last February and we had a great trail ride.  We called it the Snowball Express. 

We just got together again a couple of weeks ago and had another great trail ride.  We are already making plans for another sometime later this winter or early spring.

I posted some info and pictures of the trail ride last February.  I'll get the pictures of the trail ride from a couple of weeks ago posted soon.

Here is a link to the Snowball Express. 

http://jeep1942.com/?page_id=1165

I would like to see something happen in Arkansas as far as a Willys club goes.  For now, we will just keep having trail rides.  I'd like to see a swap meet or something like that.

Dan

Edited by dan s - 12 Dec. 2013 at 7:16pm
williamsmar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williamsmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec. 2013 at 9:48pm
I wish this site or members would give their city I understand about spam and hacking info.  But I will be moving to Pea Ridge AR after my divorce and house sells so I will probably bug Dan S a lot.  Most of the folks I contacted lived in eastern and LA (lower Arkansas) there are some in Russellville.  I was thinking of a Willys chili cook-off and Willys/Jeep vehicle show and swap meet. Entry fees could cover prizes and donation to Wounded Warrior.  Since most folks thinks Willys rimes with chilies I figured it a good name.  PM me for my e-mail address.  I tried the yahoo e-mail and it was to much work.  My 46 is running but still needs tagged to get on the road and a few odds and ends.  I can plan a local get together if we have enough interest and we don't have 3" of ice on the road.  So PM me and lets get some folks together if just for coffee and swapping sea stories.
Thank you for what you do!
Marty Williams
acting President AFFC Razorback Patrol  
1946 CJ2A #72643

dan s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan. 2014 at 7:37pm

We have set the date for another trail ride in Arkansas. 

Drop me a private message or email for more info!

Dan S

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoJeepers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan. 2014 at 8:26pm
PM sent! 
 Post Reply Post Reply