Forum Home Forum Home > The CJ2A Parts Project > Parts List > Body Group
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windshield adjusting arm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windshield adjusting arm
    Posted: 30 Oct. 2006 at 11:11pm
ARM, adjusting windshield,
inner assembly (after Ser.# 15304)
Part # 663707

This is shown in comparison to a commonly available military surplus arm(M35 and others). Crucial dimensions and function are the same.

Pictures from CJ2A  SN 78627

Edited by Doug - 30 Oct. 2006 at 11:17pm
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
shouting "...holy cow, what a ride!"
monte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2008 at 2:35pm
The (six starred) compression spring you show in your pictures is the one I'm looking for...any chance you would part with one?  It's all I lack to complete the resoration of my windshield.
"Stump Jumper" Colorado ex-patriot...
"If it don't leak it aint a Jeep"
Jus*Jack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jus*Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2008 at 5:12pm
Monte: Those "star washers" are tough to come by...at least in my experience! There were a number of military vehicles that used this same style of "lollipop", and as far as I know, most of 'em used the star washer as well...but being of thinner spring steel, they were more prone to rust, and tended to go away more quickly than most other parts.

You may want to check some of the auction listings on eBay, or keep your eyes open on here, since they do come up from time to time, usually as part of the overall assembly...but be prepared to pay a hefty price, if the spring is the only thing you're wanting! I recently saw one (ONE!) lollipop (with thumbscrew and washer) go for about $40, and a _complete_ set may go to $80 or more.

Some of the other folks on here may have a better suggestion as to where to find just the washer, and if so, they'll chime in shortly.

HTH!
Seeya!

<Jack>

'48 CJ2A 197207 "Junebug"

'48 CJ2A 191237 "Turquoise"
 Post Reply Post Reply