Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Insurance ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCtoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Insurance ?
    Posted: 28 Aug. 2005 at 2:24pm

Guess I'm the new guy around here.

I just finished restoring (kind of anyways) my 46 cj2a, and am looking to get it road legal. What kind of insurance are you guys running? I am looking to get some kind of collector insurance, but it seems like everyone either won't insure a 4x4 or they have mileage limits or other restrictioins I don't want to deal with.

Will share some pics when I get them onto my computer.

JerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug. 2005 at 2:45pm

Hi,

I'm insured with State Farm, no restrictions, cost is about $90 a year.  They went with my estimate of value for replacement purposes.

My 2 bits worth.

JerryM
Pgh, PA
CJ2a #56648
Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug. 2005 at 8:32pm

I did some looking and quoting w/ different ins companys. State Farm seems to be the easyest to deal w/. I can post the pics of your jeep in my album if you would like. The link is at the bottom of this post if you want to see where it will go.

see ya

mike g

1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
Ritt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2005 at 3:51pm
Grundy , classic car insurance. They insure classics, hot rods etc, that meet the criteria.
Rit

1948 2A,

"RAISIN COOKIES THAT LOOK LIKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES ARE THE MAIN REASON I HAVE TRUST ISSUES"
BC472A105381 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BC472A105381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2005 at 5:54pm
Hello there NCtoy what part of our great state are you located? It sure be great for us in the NC-SC area to get together maybe like at the Spring Autofair Charlotte.
47CJ2A Princeton Black Purchaced new by my Great-Grandfather!!

70 CJ-5 with 8,000lb. Ramsey winch V-6
NCtoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCtoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2005 at 7:28pm

Thanks for the advice guys. I have been looking at Grundy and they seem to have about what I'm looking for. If it doesn't work out there, guess i'll call State Farm.

BC- I'm near Monroe, not far from Charlotte. Are there a lot of NC/SC members here?

Mike - sent you a few pics. Thanks man!

Edited by NCtoy
realjeeps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote realjeeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2005 at 6:25am
I have mine put on with my regular auto insurance. I have full coverage through progressive with loss coverage up to the replacment cost and 100.000/300.000 otherwise. The cost to me is 160.00 per year to have it ontop of my other vehicles. Not bad as I am over insured for the state which requires 50,000/100,000
Pete View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2005 at 6:58am

BC, NCtoy, I'm in Charleston, SC. 47 2A, almost ready for the road.

Pete

Post Reply Post Reply