Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Clubs for jeeps > IFFC Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Southern States Presidents Needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Southern States Presidents Needed
    Posted: 07 Jan. 2013 at 1:25am
Fellow Flat Fender Owners,
As many of you know, I am the President of the South Carolina Flat Fender Club.(SCFFC) It is a patrol of the International Flat Fender Club, started by the now famous Lew Ladwig. (IFFC, COFFC). A lot of attention has been on the upcoming meet in Charleston, SC on April the 13th, 2013. I notice that some of the Southern States are not represented. Currently, WVA, GA,FL, LA, and DOC are available. It is time to step up. There all no Fees involved, all you have to do is Love the old Flat Fender Jeeps. You will be amazed at the connections, and more importantly, the FRIENDS, you will make. Call it the Jeep Band Of Brothers. I would encourage all of you out there to either start a patrol in your state, or join one that exists. I will help in anyway that I can. Believe me when I say...It is more fun than you ever had.
So.....Question is who is going to answer the callThumbs Up 

Links to sign on are below:

If you want to start a Patrol, Do it at:

I look forward to meeting Y'all in the futureThumbs Up

Edited by Haines Garage - 14 Feb. 2013 at 2:42am
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2013 at 2:23am
Please educate....how does being a 'member' benefit versus being a 'non member'?

Just curious.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Haines Garage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2013 at 2:54am
The benefit is, you get to be an official part of the Club. You get to say, I am down with these old Willys Jeeps, I understand what you do, and why you do it. You get to tell the whole WORLD, I am a Willys, Jeep owner (Believe me they watch) ...You get to plan events and get togethers with others whom have the same love for these old Jeeps as you. What could be more pure and simple than that? Roc you would make one Hell of a patrol President, is there one in your state?
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2013 at 3:01am
Uh, thanks. Stern Smile

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2013 at 3:09am
Did I say something wrong ? You asked, I explained....
Patrol in your State or not...If not, I nominate YOU! Do you accept said nomination?
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2013 at 3:15am

Yes, thanks for the explaination....nothing wrong.

Seems to be an AL president according to that website.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2013 at 3:20am
Longhunter?  haven't seen him around in a while. Maybe you could contact him and ask if he still wants the position. I used to read his post. Still out there brother?
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2013 at 3:54am

I'm not looking for a position. Was just trying to get what it was all about.

Thanks for the info.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

scoutpilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoutpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2013 at 11:04am
Hey Roc. Yeah, I agree with you. If there's only the satisfaction of helping to promote and ensure that our little jeeps are properly respected and cared for in the future by future generations and those who may have an interest but just aren't all that sure and just need a little push in the way of education to join in. And maybe we're able to pull a hermit out of his corner of the woods to enjoy the camaraderie of folks who just enjoy getting together for a BBQ, an adult beverage, the admiring, or just being jealous, of others acquisitions and and/or abilities and learning about what others have encountered on their way to where they are now in their lives. Maybe finding out something you didn't know, but were grateful for anyway? Naw. Sounds like too much fun for me.Wink 
Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2013 at 3:56pm
Guys,
Ever since I started up the Colorado Flat Fender Club with the help of a few great guys and gals the club has grown and at the same time, the amount of fun we have has grown by 10x.
I have learned more about these old jeeps than my brain can handle.  It's  good to have such a great group of folks around me to keep reteaching me all the stuff!  I fired up the IFFC because we had many great jeep folks from around the states joining in on the fun.  I figured it would be cool to travel to their neck of the woods for events too!  The end result has been way beyond my expectations.  The Patrols are popping up all over the world.  Great folks in every one of them. 
Since most folks are a bit shy or reluctant to "join" a group, I made it real easy.  No rules, No dues.  Just an email address so we can let you know about the next fun event!  Each patrol runs it's own show.  Each member carries as much weight as the next guy.  The fun factor is amazing.  The people are even more amazing.
Jump in!
Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub
Scott R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2013 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Lew Ladwig Lew Ladwig wrote:

No rules, No dues.  Just an email address so we can let you know about the next fun event!... Each member carries as much weight as the next guy.

These sentences are the Michigan club in a nutshell. I'm the keeper of our list but I don't want to be known as the president. I've also created a facebook page (see my signature) and there a several people that have "liked" the page that have shown no desire to be on the email list which is fine because get togethers will be posted there too, for anybody to join. 
Michigan Flat Fender Club on Facebook

1949 CJ2A #221621

1965 CJ-5
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2013 at 1:10am
Originally posted by Lew Ladwig Lew Ladwig wrote:

No rules, No dues.  Just an email address so we can let you know about the next fun event!  Each patrol runs it's own show.  Each member carries as much weight as the next guy. 

I guess maybe that's what I was wondering about. Big smile

With those 'rules' and the fact that you encourage a new person to 'join' anytime or 'come join us anytime' "whether they have a jeep or not" I'm at a loss as to what kind of "club" it is.

Everyone in the parking lot of any Reunion is in that club, right.......except they don't 'belong' yet?Wink LOL

Don't worry. I'm not raining on the parade.....just a little good natured poke.

Some folks have to have 'organized' some folks don't.

I think you guys seem to be enjoying the 'club thing' and that's what matters the most.

Party on guys !!  Hug    I'll give you the rocnroll  StarStarStarStarStar (five star enjoyment factor)

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2013 at 1:35am
Lets start with GA. Anyone Interested?  There is a TN, NC, And SC Patrol existing.
PM me if you have any questions.
hillbilly21 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2013 at 1:49am
HEY  ROC !!!!!!!

WHY NOT BECOME  PRESIDENT ????  
1946 CJ2a POW-MIA
51 M38 ORIGINAL
PRES NCFFC
www.eastcoastwillys.org
hillbillystoys.phanfare.co
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2013 at 2:01am
I see no need would be the first thought. Big smile

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2013 at 2:09am
FAIR ENOUGH Wink
1946 CJ2a POW-MIA
51 M38 ORIGINAL
PRES NCFFC
www.eastcoastwillys.org
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2013 at 2:22am
For me, that is......didn't mean 'no need' in general.  Like I said some need/what that, others don't.

Just personally, (after it has been explained) I think the same things are being accomplished (or can be) without the reins or constraints of 'organized clubdom'.

Just an opinion .....not trying to change anybody elses. (but I do know there are those that agree about not having 'to belong' to an organization)

Like I said ......... party on!

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2013 at 2:28am
ONE HELL OF A PARTY IN APRIL (THE 1ST ANNUAL SCFFC)

AND AGAIN IN OCTOBER (2ND ANNUAL NCFFC )!!

FILL IN THE SUMMER WITH THE
1946 CJ2a POW-MIA
51 M38 ORIGINAL
PRES NCFFC
www.eastcoastwillys.org
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>