Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Transportation Needed or Offered

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr. 2018 at 10:23am
I've got an empty truck and 18 foot trailer coming from the north shore of MA back to Western MA. If anyone needs something moved in MA, I can help. 

Saturday AM 4/14
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
willys54wagon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2018 at 7:05pm
leaving on june 7 from ames, ia to hillsdale michigan.   coming back on june 9. will have mostly empty suburban, could do a small single axle trailer 10ft.

Tentative at this point, subject to uprising, rebellions, revolutions and other things that start with r. (also wife)
Two jeeps on the road, one is close and the rest are dreams.
clausnam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clausnam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 8:33pm
Didn’t realize there was a thread for seeking transportation or help for picking up parts so here it goes again:
Is here anyone who stays near Berlin Connecticut willing to assist in picking something up for me and posting to my a locatiin in the US?
If anyone can help please get in touch.
Much appreciated 
Regards,
Claus
1944 MB #341219
1946 VEC #22141
1948 CJ2a #194573
1947 Bantam T3-C #15457
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2018 at 2:09am
Hello all,

Looking for suggestions of a quality vehicle hauler.  I need to move 2 ea. 1946 CJ2As in running condition from Aurora, CO to Mt. Airy, MD - just over 1600 miles.  Need to do this in the next couple of weeks.  Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Dave
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2018 at 3:29am
You can also check the hauling schedule at ytmag.com for possible transportation. 

Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

mikec4193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec4193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2018 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by dluber dluber wrote:

Hello all,

Looking for suggestions of a quality vehicle hauler.  I need to move 2 ea. 1946 CJ2As in running condition from Aurora, CO to Mt. Airy, MD - just over 1600 miles.  Need to do this in the next couple of weeks.  Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Dave

I hired these guys they came out of North Carolina but they shipped this Jeep from Albuquerque New Mexico to Malta NY...it was not cheap but they showed up when they said they would and this old Jeep did not even run...I can look up his name and number if you are interested in it...they are a father son team...they seem really decent too....

MikeC

I am the squirrel....
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 5:49pm
MikeC,

Yes, if you could please pass along their contact info I will give them a call to see what they would charge. 

Thanks,
Dave
mikec4193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec4193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2018 at 11:25am
Originally posted by dluber dluber wrote:

MikeC,

Yes, if you could please pass along their contact info I will give them a call to see what they would charge. 

Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave

Here is what there delivery sheet to me had on it:

Davis Transport
4208 E NC Hwy
Beulaville, NC 285518
910-290-2286
910-375-0695

I believe both those numbers are cell numbers so they will accept texts as well as actual phone calls....There is another fellow that I have used to and he is :

Joel Licato and his company is Mercury Auto transport his email is: joel@mercuryautotransport.com
his number is: Office: 954-239-1780 x.19 Direct: 954-982-7946 OK to Text

Joel is a dispatch kinda guy, he finds drivers to haul your stuff while the Davis company is the actual drivers who do the driving.

I hope this helps you out.

MikeC

I am the squirrel....
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2018 at 11:34pm
Thanks for passing the info along.
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug. 2018 at 2:08pm
I will be hauling a 16 foot trailer empty from Northeast Ohio to about 90 miles North of New York City next Saturday Sept 1 if anyone needs something hauled. I probably have some room and about a ton worth of empty capacity on the way back.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep. 2018 at 1:11pm
Anyone near  Albany, Ga going to the Asheville, NC Jeep get together who could haul  cj2a rear seat? The meet is Oct 6 but I'll be near the area sometime late Oct 3 through the 6th. Thanks!
Rick Estes
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2020 at 5:14pm

I'll be leaving from Madison, WI on Friday night (6/5) or Saturday early AM head to Alexandria, KY with an empty 20' trailer. I'll be returning immediately with 12' of deck space left. Anyone need something hauled? Sorry for the short notice. This deal just popped up for me.

Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

Glennstin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glennstin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2020 at 7:26pm
Hi Joe, A site I've used extensively:
   https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/haulquery.pl

It's free and lots of guys have small equipment hauling needs. Just be sure to mention "Equipment" as they don't want to be a car hauling site. Glenn
'50 Jeepster, Two '55 Customs (Aero), '58 CJ3B, Willys Special Equipment, Literature, AL-TOY JEEPS
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2020 at 8:01pm

I have used that site before so had posted over there as well. 

Joe DeYoung

mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2020 at 12:04pm
Looking for a ride for a 2A rear seat frame from Madison, WI ultimately to MA, but will travel to meet in eastern NY, southern VT/NH/ME or CT.  Past a couple tanks of gas it makes more sense to just pay to ship it-

Things being what they are in the new normal I currently only have plans to attend the Gettysburg ride/Mason Dixon weekend in mid October so a ride to that area (or along the way there or back) would also work (northern MD/Eastern PA,NJ,NY etc.).  

MB 

**Edit**

Looks like I'm going to be all set Smile  Thanks to those that reached out. I hope to be able to return the favorEmbarrassed

Edited by mbullism - 30 July 2020 at 4:23am
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2020 at 3:02pm
Mike, I know a guy that hauls big and little stuff stuff around the country. He has authorized me to post his info. Maybe he can help.
Bob Donovan
BC Vintage Jeeps
720-469-1416

Joe DeYoung

mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2020 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Joe DeYoung Joe DeYoung wrote:

Mike, I know a guy that hauls big and little stuff stuff around the country. He has authorized me to post his info. Maybe he can help.
Bob Donovan
BC Vintage Jeeps
720-469-1416

Thanks, Joe...I'll add that to the list of options and check, him out  Smile
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Dr. B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2020 at 3:54am
Mb, I may be able to help out. Going to Wisconsin this weekend but will not be able to make it to Madison. If we could work out meeting the previous owner in Janesville, south of Madison. I can get it to south central pa and possibly even meet up at Gettysburg. If had more time would have loved to have excuse to get to Mad town.  Gary
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>