Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - Your project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Bantam -- Cooker Trailer.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkhac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Bantam -- Cooker Trailer.
    Posted: 13 Mar. 2013 at 2:06pm

My Bantum Trailer  Cooker -- grille comes off for grate to use with Cast Iron Cooking or Full Size Griddle across back area.  -- Side burner for Perculator and sink with running water.  

Edited by 48cj2a - 13 Mar. 2013 at 8:02pm
kenny hughes
you tube channel:https://www.youtube.com/user/jkh9028/videos
willys54wagon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar. 2013 at 2:41pm
What date and time should we arrive?
Two jeeps on the road, one is close and the rest are dreams.
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar. 2013 at 2:59pm
That is quite possibly the coolest use for a Bantam.  Love it!!Thumbs Up

How are you pressurizing the water? 
Tim

Edited by athawk11 - 13 Mar. 2013 at 3:01pm
kilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar. 2013 at 4:11pm
ASWESOME! Clap Thumbs Up
"You know, I'm too old a bunny to get very excited about all this."
General H.E. von Salmuth
Commander
German Fourth Army
France: 5 June 1944

1947 Willys CJ2A
1947 Bantam T3-C Trailer

jkhac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkhac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar. 2013 at 6:50pm
12 volt water pump w motor cycle battery
kenny hughes
njtool View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njtool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar. 2013 at 8:57pm
Thats awesome. I have a M416 that I take camping. I have a lot of mouths to feed with 3 kids and a girlfriend. I have seen blog posts where people do some really cool things with the 416's. I would love to see more pics and get more info about yours. I would like to modify mine, but I'm a purist and I can't bring myself to cut or weld into it.
I do all my cooking on cast iron, even in my house. I laugh at people who spend 100's of dollars on expensive pots and pans that only last a few years. (I used to be one of them) I've had my cast iron for 13 years, while that doesnt seem like a long time, but I cook every meal in my pans. I even have a Lodge Hibachi grill that I use at home, and camping. (no propane for me) People are AMAZED at how well it cooks. Not to mention what I can do with a Dutch Oven in the muddle of the woods...
Did I just hijack this thread?? 
1946 CJ2A #44985
1945 CJ2A #10220
M-416 Trailer
K-38 Lineman Trailer
jkhac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkhac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar. 2013 at 11:46pm
Love the cast Iron also, have numerous and use them daily also.  I just recently got a Griswold 1908 Waffle Griddle which I have used on the trailer and had more fun feeding the crowd with it.  Also cooking Chicken Bog and Low Country Boil for a fairly large crowd turned out great in Large Dutch Oven.  Now into Shrimp and Grits, ( grinding my own yellow grits in mill I purchased) and so far haven't had any  complaints.  The trailer has metal top (3 sections)  which I can completely remove with a little effort and it back to original.  The water is supplied by 5 gallon bucket with 5 gallon bucket for drain powered by 12 volt water pump hooked to motor cycle battery.  The back section grille is 2 burner which the Griddle, BBQ Grille, and Grate sit on top of and the burners go up and down with a crank and have flame control valves also to regulate heat. I also have a additional burner on middle section to use a pot and use my coffee perculator pot on.   My web site www.kennyhughes.net  has a link to my pictures with a couple of the Albums have pictures of the Trailer and my 46 CJ2A (military conversion).  Now just started a 42 Ford Script GPW restoration.  Trailer is loads of fun to cook on,  hope this helps  -- kenny

Edited by jkhac - 14 Mar. 2013 at 12:02am
kenny hughes
njtool View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njtool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar. 2013 at 11:56pm
Kenny,
I can't get anywhere from your page. Can you post a link to your photo album on here?

Is your rig propane? I assume it is.
1946 CJ2A #44985
1945 CJ2A #10220
M-416 Trailer
K-38 Lineman Trailer
jkhac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkhac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2013 at 12:05am
Originally posted by njtool njtool wrote:

Kenny,
I can't get anywhere from your page. Can you post a link to your photo album on here?

Is your rig propane? I assume it is.

Its Propane or I can put charcoal pan in and cook with charcoal.  link to Piscasa Gallerys.  Hope it works

https://plus.google.com/photos/113872296086506227486/albums?banner=pwa
kenny hughes
njtool View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njtool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2013 at 12:11am
Looks like a nice setup. I wish I had the room for another trailer. I would love to build a smoker/cook station similar to yours.

Very cool
1946 CJ2A #44985
1945 CJ2A #10220
M-416 Trailer
K-38 Lineman Trailer
njtool View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njtool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2013 at 12:18am
I always thought my K-38 linemans trailer would make an awesome ice chest or even better, a superb smoker. I could smoke meat while I tow it, and drive everyone behind me crazy. Its about the perfect size for a small pig, and lots of coals. Cook it low and slow...
1946 CJ2A #44985
1945 CJ2A #10220
M-416 Trailer
K-38 Lineman Trailer
 Post Reply Post Reply