Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

End of WWII Film, full of Jeeps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 52 M38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: End of WWII Film, full of Jeeps
    Posted: 04 Nov. 2013 at 3:05pm
There are tons of MBs in this.  Great little film.

Edited by russnj - 04 Nov. 2013 at 3:20pm
Jeep-Maniasis (a generally fatal parasitic disease caused by some species of Jeep in the Willys family).

Peen it over, file to a feather edge, fill the cracks with sh**, and paint.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov. 2013 at 3:30pm
Thanks for posting. .
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
combat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote combat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2013 at 2:15am
Very enjoyable! Thanks for posting. America will never be like that again.
Frank

GPW 96842
CJ2A 10399
48 CJ2a
49 cj2a
GP

Where there's a WILLYS there's a way.
Montana Rocky Mt. Flat Fender Club
OSUJACK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OSUJACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov. 2013 at 5:11am
No kidding combat.  I am just a youngun by far (I am 40), but I come from a family of men that served in WWII, two uncles, and a father who was in the Army during Korea.  I was born REALLY late into my family.  I have old home videos of the era we just watched on here, and I grew up with family members in an atmosphere quite different than most of those my age.  And I grew up in the country here in Oklahoma.  

Needless to say, I am appalled at what has happened to our country.  It's a broad statement, and I am kind of hijacking the thread a bit by discussing this, but I was thinking the same thing as I watched this clip.  Not because I lived during that time of course, but I would be lying if I said I didn't know a bit about that time in the stories I have heard and knowing the people that I have had the pleasure of knowing in my youth. And I think that my love for the old Jeeps stems from this somewhat.  A yearning to reconnect to a simpler, happier, and much more proud era for our nation. 

But most of all, I miss those people in my life that were a part of that.  Thanks for the film clip.  
1953 CJ3A
2010 Rubicon
 Post Reply Post Reply