Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fall Color Tours 2014! - Event Date: 22 Sep. 2014 - 27 Sep. 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 22232425>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2015 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by aboyandhisdog aboyandhisdog wrote:

Very nice looking calendar.  Two questions:  Will it have the phases of the moon, and does it have to be necessarily a "Christian" calendar?  No disrespect intended...but the CFT isn't just a Christian jeep tour, is it?  Or maybe just the calendar is?  Are all faiths, or none, welcome at the tour?  Being a newbie on the tour, maybe I don't know all of the details.  Again, I mean no disrespect here.

Hi Tom,

The calendar can be what we want it to be.  Arick and I, among others in the group have strong Christian faith, and choose to show that in this venue.  If folks of other faiths would like to have theirs recognized I'm sure we can support them.  If folks prefer a non-secular display, perhaps a post-it note over the unwanted symbol will suffice.  All faiths are welcome, including agnostic or atheists.  We do not propose to preach any one faith to anyone else, and we are all free to practice on our own. 

If we descriminate at all on the FCT, it would be IN FAVOR of FLAT FENDER JEEPS!  We have had later model CJ's, wagons, even a Russian Motorcycle join us on the tours.  But we are about old Willys Jeeps, not Scouts, not Land Rovers, not Land Cruisers.  And we are about having fun as a group, touring the trails in this part of the Colorado Rockies. 

I sure hope to see you on the tours again in 2015! 

Mike
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2015 at 6:09pm
Thank you Mike, and I agree 100% with the posti-note.  If you don't like  the calendar, don't buy it!!
 On a different note. That ride they are talking about in Idaho is only one day drive from my place.  Might just make it down there!!
  chuck
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

aboyandhisdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aboyandhisdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2015 at 4:30pm
Thank you, Mike.  Glad to hear open to all.  See you in the fall.  Any date set yet?
Tom
1949 CJ3A

Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2015 at 6:03pm
Regardless of beliefs and affiliations the Color Tour seems like a pilgrimage to a holy land to me...
Red Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2015 at 1:23am
My calendars showed up today, they look awesome. Thanks for doing this Arik.
Glen
49 CJ3A
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2015 at 1:36am
Got mine hanging at my desk. Thanks, it looks great. I miss it even more now. John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
gmcjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmcjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2015 at 2:54am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Here is a Dropbox link to the calendar in pdf format. Some of the pictures are upside down but at least you can see what the calendar will look like. Thanks for looking

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tq6mkj2zf99pal/2015%20Calender.pdf?dl=0

Arick, I took a sneak peek. Very nice job!! I still look at the one from last year, and say " there's my jeep! " , lol!

BTW, Last December's pic was one of my favorites!

Gary

51 CJ-3A
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2015 at 3:00am
WahoooEmoticons  The calendar came today and we picked up our engine from the rebuild shop.  They both look good.  Thanks   Tom
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
ricco View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2015 at 9:54pm
Tom, Dave, Wade and Scot...still waiting to hear if you want the calenders.  Need an address and commitment if you do.  I'll give you a couple days...then the remaining calenders will be available to others.  Hope to hear from you soon.  Arick
She can dance a cajun rhythm....jump like a Willy's in four wheel drive...("Sugar Magnolia")

'48 CJ2A #204845 "Lumpy"
robplumber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robplumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2015 at 9:59pm
Got mine yesterday. Very nice, thank you.
only one problem, there are no photos of my flaties in it! Maybe one of these years I will be able to make the trip out.
thanks again
rob
1953 cj3a modified
1947 cj2a stock and beautiful
1998 xj lifted
1999 xj stock
sonoblast77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonoblast77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2015 at 12:30am
I still want them. I'll put check in mailbox in the morning. Thanks Wade.
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2015 at 5:53am
  Mine was in the mailbox awaiting me when I got home tonight, likely awaiting several days as I was away....   All I can say is "FAAaanntaastic! Except, of course, for the crease the mail carrier put in it so that he/she/it could cram it into my mailbox! Angry    Thanks, Arick!    BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
P8106jr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8106jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2015 at 10:39pm
Well, good news out of Houston!  Compression on the old gal is fixed.  My valves where in need of serous adjustments.  I was told by the mechanic I should have no issues keeping up with the Flatheads this year!    Mike, my wife told me if I am good this year I can come back this year!

Jamie Powers

Houston TX

1963 CJ3

Bantam T3-C Year unknown

www.haflatfenders.com
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2015 at 4:44pm

I forgot to mention when I hung calendar on wall in office.      I was just looking now at it,  and daydreaming about possiblity of going.

It looks great,  thanks Arick!

It is hanging next to a Camp Jeep 2000 calendar that I have never taken down.   My '2A made that calendar,  so I left it hanging.
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2015 at 6:18pm
I've been sorting through my photos from the Tincup Pass ride and have nice shots of people in their jeeps at the top of the pass.  Should I post them all here?  I would like to share - just not sure what's most efficient.

Kate (and her yellow jeep!)

Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan. 2015 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Katiedid Katiedid wrote:

I've been sorting through my photos from the Tincup Pass ride and have nice shots of people in their jeeps at the top of the pass.  Should I post them all here?  I would like to share - just not sure what's most efficient.

Kate (and her yellow jeep!)

Yes, this would be the place to show them.  Although most of us post our pics a few months faster than you.  Embarrassed Shocked LOL
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan. 2015 at 7:04pm
At least she took some. I carry my camera along, get it banged up, scratched up, full of dirt, and wet, but forget to use it.     BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan. 2015 at 7:12pm
Was that the bag you were using as a wheel chock? I mean parking brake...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 22232425>