Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - Your Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Picked up a Cherokee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 22>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2019 at 4:37am
Put my tires on today! So nice to have access to a shop! 

berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2019 at 4:42am
I wires wheeled all 4 time. The front, the bead areas and where I would need to stick the wheel weights on. New valve stems as well. It took me a few hours from when I started until I left. I wanted to make the rims were super clean.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2019 at 4:46am
Here it is finished. Parked it near the parts Cherokee that I have access too.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2019 at 4:48am
A picture of the Astoria-Megler bridge.

bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2019 at 5:02am
Sweet. Looks like a Wagoneer I used to own. My wife and I went on our first date in that old Waggy, a little over 40 years ago.

You've really done a nice job on it.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2019 at 5:03am
Of course as I soon as I got home, I rechecked all the air pressure and the right rear tire was at 24 psi. Confused I torqued each wheel first and then went back and checked the pressure before I left. 99% sure is was at 30 psi. 

I checked it again an hour later and it was at 24 still. I'll check it first thing tomorrow morning and, if need be, remove it and take it back to work. 
Always something. 

First impression on the drive back from the shop to my hut, at speeds up to 55 mph.  The Jeeps transmission likes that all 4 tires are exactly the same size now. LOL They have some road noise but not terrible and it rode better. To be be expected when replacing 25 year old tires! 
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2019 at 5:06am
Originally posted by bobevans bobevans wrote:

Sweet. Looks like a Wagoneer I used to own. My wife and I went on our first date in that old Waggy, a little over 40 years ago.

You've really done a nice job on it.

Thank you. I am trying to keep it nice but the rot is bad. The Cherokee looks good in pictures, not so good when you get close.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2019 at 5:10am
A reminder for myself when I replaced the tires. 

mike in oregon View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike in oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2019 at 3:38pm

They look great Dennis  Thumbs Up

MIKE IN OREGON
President of Oregon Flat Fender Club.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oregon-Flat-Fender-Club/222864787838570

46 CJ2A 38007
46 CJ2A 79863
BANTAM T3-C 25314
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2019 at 4:04pm
Yah new tires are the best!!
Glad you got all 4 Clap
The wheels look great!
1946 cj2a desert dog
1946 cj2a bulldog
1948 cj2a blue jeep
1953 cj3b yard dog
1955 willys wagon
1955 willys pickup
1956 willys pickup boomer
1960 fc 170
1968 jeepster commando
1990 Grand wagoneer
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2019 at 5:12pm
15 days on the tires and I think I am getting used to them. They kind of feel how I think bias tires would act in the morning. Once they warm up they seem fine. Have not had them on the beach or off road yet. 

I'm thinking I would like to replace the mufflers ( for the 4th time Embarrassed) to something even quieter. Right now when warmed up and at idle it has a slight rumble, which I like. First thing in the morning when cold or climbing any inclines in the road it is louder.  My tinnitus is getting worse and the Cherokee stands out enough here in the land of Prius and lifted shopping center trucks that it can lose a few decibels  LOL
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb. 2019 at 12:49am
With all this rain and snow here in the PNW, this Cherokee is rarely dry. Not helping my rust situation at all.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb. 2019 at 5:31pm
Sometime along my route to work this morning, the rear drivers side exhaust hanger decided to break. Think I will bubba repair it at lunch   
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb. 2019 at 11:20pm
Baling wire!
Cause duct tape won’t work. 
Two of Bubbas favorite Clap
1946 cj2a desert dog
1946 cj2a bulldog
1948 cj2a blue jeep
1953 cj3b yard dog
1955 willys wagon
1955 willys pickup
1956 willys pickup boomer
1960 fc 170
1968 jeepster commando
1990 Grand wagoneer
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb. 2019 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Flatfender Ben Flatfender Ben wrote:

Baling wire!

I actually took some conduit, crushed it flat, bent it into a rectangle shape. This is only temporarily permanent   
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb. 2019 at 12:03am
Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

Originally posted by Flatfender Ben Flatfender Ben wrote:

Baling wire!

I actually took some conduit, crushed it flat, bent it into a rectangle shape. This is only temporarily permanent   

In the words of the immortal Red Green its only temporary, unless it works.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb. 2019 at 12:48am
Originally posted by Mike F Mike F wrote:

In the words of the immortal Red Green its only temporary, unless it works.

I already put it back on the Jeep, in the rain. I made it a tad longer then what was in there, so the exhaust is lower but it is still raining so I can deal with it I only need it off the axle and away from the drive shaft and hopefully they are.
I got soaked in the 5 minutes it took me to put the hanger back on. (Did I mention it rains here )

I'll just stop at Napa ( it is on the route to work) and buy a replacement hanger.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2019 at 7:15pm
A friend owns a vintage store and I had to get this vintage '70's sticker when I saw it LOL 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 22>