Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Hills Jeep Meet 2015 - Event Date: 22 June 2015 - 27 June 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 19>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2015 at 2:21am
Ever see the North Dakota weather vane? It's a log chain attached to a steel pole. When the chain is straight out horizontally from the pole. That indicates bad weather!Shocked
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Haines Garage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2015 at 2:40am
I do not even care. I am venturing to meet the Man and The Myth.
We are going to have an Epic Time. I need to unwind. Could we have a sound off to who is 100% coming?
I am treking the ole fashioned way.
Haines Garage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2015 at 2:41am
Next we will be chopping wood....
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2015 at 3:03am
Scott, my list shows 21 fellows, some with their friends, wife, son, etc. attending. Some are coming for the whole shebang while others as their work allows. Looks like Tues-Fri will be the bigger turn out days.  It takes alot of prep and trail investigating, along with planning a string of roads that will together make a day run. The Black Hills are not very big. Compared to the Rockies, they are just hills. The cool part is they are fun, pretty, and people are quite friendly. I get nothing but smiles and questions driving a old Willy Jeep.  You'll see old friends, and make new ones. Tie faces with names. When you get back home and chat over the web, your mind can now see who you are talking with.  It's a way of driving what your hobby made, and enjoying the knowledge you will learn just by sitting down and interacting.  Iowa, Illinois, Florida,  Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, SD, South Carolina,Minnesota will be represented.  Cool huh? John 
P8106jr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8106jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2015 at 3:58am
May be next year, you can add Texas to that list!  I am going have to settle for Arkansas and Colorado this year!
Jamie Powers

Houston TX

1963 CJ3

Bantam T3-C Year unknown

www.haflatfenders.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2015 at 4:02am
Jamie, you are welcome anytime. Will most likely see you again in Sept.. We hope the snow holds off again.  John
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2015 at 2:04pm
John, just double checking. Do you have room at your place to leave truck/trailer during the day?

Rick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2015 at 2:15pm
Yes, but cold tribute is required!LOL Frankly, you can drive your Jeep the entire week to the motel and back also. Makes it easier to fill up and get a lunch made up in the AM too! Just use me as base of operations. Oilly
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2015 at 2:19pm
I'M ON MY WAY.................... Thumbs Up
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2015 at 2:22pm
The pilgrimage to Leaker Land has begun! Most excellent! I am ready. John
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2015 at 2:36pm
Put a pig in the ground and get some beer on ice, all your jeepin friends are comin over tonite!!
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
willys54wagon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2015 at 4:55pm
According to the rules of hosting these events as established by m38mike, the host's jeep should break down so that all the guests do not feel bad when theirs on occasion to not perform to standards.

m38mike has been very creative on his part with this rule and I trust you will rise to the occasion.  The standards are high.   I was reminded of this after seeing this picture on ewillys this morning.   This is a technique we would be willing to use on this host's jeep.

Edited by willys54wagon - 21 June 2015 at 4:59pm
Two jeeps on the road, one is close and the rest are dreams.
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2015 at 1:41am

Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2015 at 1:56am
To much Willys fun today. Not thinking clearly I guess.
Here are several pictures from day 1 and unless I figure something better it seems I can only post 1 at a time.

Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2015 at 1:56am
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2015 at 1:57am
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2015 at 1:59am
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2015 at 2:08am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 19>