Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Hills Jeep Meet 2015 - Event Date: 22 June 2015 - 27 June 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2015 at 11:32pm
Chuck has believe it or not, has-------------Binthere! Pun intended. John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2015 at 12:05am
Why thanks John!!Thumbs Up
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

Haines Garage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2015 at 1:53am
I am on the Hobo trail to get there....
See you all on Monday....
binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2015 at 10:28pm
By the way, I haven't been able to find any info about the Black hills rally over on the CJ3B page???  Cry
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2015 at 11:35pm
Most of the 3B owners are on HG, or the 2Apage also. Redundant. That doesn't mean I don't like 3 B's! I hate having to repeat myself on two let alone 5 pages. You could have post poned the wedding and done both! A divorce would also have followed--------LOL  I'll try and save a HBR for you Chuck--------I'll fail though.  So many Jeeps, so little time.  I think what a person will find is that the same people that like a certain kind of meet, will tend to return to the next one. If it was not to their liking, they move on. The host spends a bunch of cash also. If he feels it is too much cost for what comes out of it, he will move on. It isn't just the Jeeps, it's also good friendship and having enjoyment sharing a common interest.You show me your neck of the woods, and I'll show you mine. Adventure.  I admire the enthusiasm that this bunch has. There are few car club groups that have such a large bunch of self fixers. I like the hands on type. The guys that never look under the hood, pay for everything, do not like Jeeps.  Fine with me. John
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2015 at 5:17am
John, I know its kinda short notice, but is there any chance you could have some of these made up by Monday to go with the hats and stickers.  Big smile

Rick R in Belle Fourche

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2015 at 12:51pm
Sorry Rick, just can't make that happen!LOL Ever. John
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2015 at 2:32pm
Whitewood, we are GO for launch, repeat GO for launch. Liftoff 0:700 hr tomorrow (Sat),
splashdown your backyard late Sun.. Have a cold one ready!Beer
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2015 at 2:43pm
Roger Ramjet Idaho, wilco, over and out and all that other stuff.  Last two nights about 2:30 AM Big Thunder boomers and heavy downpours. Keep that in mind. It's the season for evening buildups. Fresh and clear in the mornings. It will be a no dust campain. Oil Out
willys54wagon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2015 at 10:06pm
What is the latest weather report?
Two jeeps on the road, one is close and the rest are dreams.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2015 at 10:30pm
Forecast is: periods of sun and clouds during the day with dark at night, possible moonlight between clouds.  Wink Frankly, the National Weather Service changes it every 2 hours. Their computors say highs low 70's to mid to upper 80's Mon-Sun. Chance of precip every day. 20-70 %. That means afternoon and evening thunder showers and possible mid night squals that move thru.  We currently are under a tornado, large hail, and heavy shower WATCH! A smart phone that uses GPS and has radar is your best forecaster.  Hope this helps you decide on what to be ready for. Be ready for everything.  Sunburn, mosquitos, attacking Indians, and Sausquach. Good news is: no wolves, or bears.  No pain, no gain. John
TERRY View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TERRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2015 at 10:31pm
John,
I won't be able to leave here until Tuesday AM, that is when Ginny will leave with some friends and I won't be on call to take care of things. Hope to be there late Tues. I'll live in my truck!
Is it still OK to leave the Jeep and trailer while I go on to Wisconsin to see my brother?
BOULDER 48 2A

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2015 at 10:34pm
Sure Terry. See you when you can make it. John
Haines Garage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2015 at 11:05pm
I got derailed in PA...
Don't worry I got a thumb or two...

I will be there Monday if all goes well. This Hobo Hitchhiker thing is really something!
I can't miss this meet!!!
stude-a-willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stude-a-willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2015 at 11:43pm
Watch the Stude-a-willys get dragged to OilLeakers online (sorta)

I'll run APRS in the JK. I plan on heading out early Sunday am.

Edited by stude-a-willys - 19 June 2015 at 11:45pm
Studebaker re-powered CJ2a
aboyandhisdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aboyandhisdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2015 at 12:18am
I don't know...that route out of Denver looks a little unnecessary.  ;)
Tom
1949 CJ3A

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2015 at 12:27am
285 to 470, 470 to 70, 70 to I 25, I 25 North to Orin junction, Orin Junction to Manville, Manville North to Lance Creek, east to 85. 85 to Newcastle. Newcastle to Upton, Upton to Sundance, Sundance to Whitewood. For you "loaded" guys! John
willys54wagon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2015 at 1:26am
Originally posted by Oilleaker1 Oilleaker1 wrote:

Forecast is: periods of sun and clouds during the day with dark at night, possible moonlight between clouds.  Wink Frankly, the National Weather Service changes it every 2 hours. Their computors say highs low 70's to mid to upper 80's Mon-Sun. Chance of precip every day. 20-70 %. That means afternoon and evening thunder showers and possible mid night squals that move thru.  We currently are under a tornado, large hail, and heavy shower WATCH! A smart phone that uses GPS and has radar is your best forecaster.  Hope this helps you decide on what to be ready for. Be ready for everything.  Sunburn, mosquitos, attacking Indians, and Sausquach. Good news is: no wolves, or bears.  No pain, no gain. John

I am concerned because I tend to melt in the rain.

Sounds like we should hang a weather rock on the back hitch.............................
Two jeeps on the road, one is close and the rest are dreams.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>