Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2A from NM to NJ 1946 #29289 thread #2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ersatzS2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2021 at 5:04pm
Dave glad you are restoring the half cab!  For my money it's the best looking hardtop of any Flattie.  Yes the door channels and the masonite are all new.  One latch was totally rebuilt.  They are incredibly well made as you know, actually higher quality than the Willys itself I would say. One modification, we added some webbing to the doors hinge area to prevent opening past ~150 degrees to prevent dents/scratches. 

I took my grandson for a ride and he thought the hand crank windows were lots of fun.  Then I took his mother (my daughter) for a ride, and she pointed to the cranks and said, 'what are these?'  She's 33.  
Times change... 
ersatzS2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ersatzS2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2021 at 2:31pm
Getting to spend some more time driving around.  Warn OD is a fun feature.  Not sure how much top speed it adds in 3rd; haven't checked yet but I'm guessing not much.  However its super useful tooling around our 25mph neighborhood where 2nd is a little too short and 3rd is a little too tall. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345