Forum Home Forum Home > The CJ2A Parts Project > Parts List > Exhaust System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Round Muffler, Rear Exhaust Hangers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
m606paz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m606paz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Round Muffler, Rear Exhaust Hangers
    Posted: 09 Feb. 2011 at 10:03pm
Hi fellows!

Some of you may take the original muffler measures in order to make an original copy in my country?

Diameter, length, location of inlet and outlet pipes..

Thanks in advance!!

Regards

Edited by m606paz - 09 Feb. 2011 at 10:03pm
Mariano Paz
1966 m606
1945 Willys MB
Howard View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2007 at 7:54pm
Hi Folks,
According to the books the cj2a had more than one style exhast system depending on S/N. These are my interpretations of the parts on 23353's exhaust system. In particular the mounting clamps and pieces. I made a few alterations but did not permanently change anything. Most of this was done as a dry run or 'trial' fit prior to further frame component disassembly and refurbishing. Refer to parts drawing for number locations.

Group 13-01
Location #2 and #4 are to be clamps only.
A clamp at position #2 
The clamp above is obvious not an original style clamp. I would suggest this style, below, is.
Then, position 9,10,11,12. This fastens to the cross member in mid vehicle. On my version, note the shock absorber plates on each end of the rubber shock. This keeps the rubber from being cut from the bolts and adds strength to the assembly. These plates were evident in the original hardware removed.
This is my interpretation of how it may have been...

Postion # 8

Bracket #6 Located inside the right rear wheel well. Again, my interpretation, with the use of the sheet metal plates wrapping around the end of the rubber for the bolts.

Hope this helps someone.
Howard
Edit 4/09: Now that these have been in service awhile I find the clamp at position 9,10,11,12 as I made it has proven inadequate to take the constant heat from the pipe. 
Edit 1/10: Upgrade photos  

Edited by Howard - 17 Jan. 2010 at 5:02pm
Howard F Jewett

1946 CJ2A #23353

43 GPW 106505 USA #20366014

43 Bantam Trailer T3 #14844

52 M100 K1119
 Post Reply Post Reply