Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westforkboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sean
    Posted: 25 Jan. 2007 at 9:50pm
Sean, I don't know why but I just figured you were an Easterner. On a recent post I see you've added a location so I checked your updated profile! Great occupation! LOLLOLLOLLOLThanks again for all the help you've offered me!  Allen
Catch 22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catch 22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2007 at 6:57am
Well, just go ahead and kiss up to Sean!  He has offered all of us so much help that we need to vote him as Jeepster of the Year!  Hope you are warm up there Mr. Westforkboyd! 
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2007 at 9:32am
Thanks guys!

I used to have my location posted, but only just noticed that it had disappeared (don't know when or why that happened),  and decided to add the "occupation" too.

I've done way too many different things over the years, but was never satisfied with any of them, so keep jumping around.  I'm happiest at hands-on stuff, and mechanicing is always at the top of that list!

Sean

Edited by sean - 26 Jan. 2007 at 11:42am
dclear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dclear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2007 at 10:14am

Ah! Allen--you've been in Iowa too long--

I hail from Sean's neck of the woods, and recognized him right off as a rural PNW boy--no one else is even half that smart.  Unless, of course, it's someone else who has lived in Northern Idaho [a region NOT to be confused with Southern Idaho].  Thank goodness there are several hundred miles of nothing but trees and mountains between the two or they'd seceed from each other.  The way it is arranged, they can just ignore one another.

Edited by dclear - 26 Jan. 2007 at 10:15am
del clear

Together we can figure it out, after all, it's only a machine, if a man can build it, a man can fix it. {Author: bkruetz}
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2007 at 11:41am
Originally posted by dclear dclear wrote:

Northern Idaho [a region NOT to be confused with Southern Idaho].  Thank goodness there are several hundred miles of nothing but trees and mountains between the two or they'd seceed from each other.
Thanks for recognizing that Del!

We actually DID try to seceed back in the '70s, but from the WHOLE DAMN UNION!  Wanted to join up w/Canada, but the south-side killed it, they couldn't have survived w/out the revenue the north-side brings in.  We generate it up here, they spend it all down there!

Sean
AlaskaCJ2A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlaskaCJ2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2007 at 7:31pm
Sean,
I too greatly value your expertise and contribution to this site - your pics, drawings, and in-depth analysis have taught me, and all the others I believe, a great deal about these rigs.  A hearty thank you, and keep up the good work!  As a final note, I think you should write a book devoted to the subject - it would most certainly be the premier reference manual avaliable on the market today.  I'd buy one!

As for northern Idaho - been there a few times - beautiful country!  Always thought of the southern part as a barren wasteland that I couldn't speed through fast enough!

As for becoming part of Canada............Confused  Dead   How about a separate country?  Alaska talked about that many years ago - the feds made clear that that would NEVER happen!  Maybe Alaska and N. Idaho could join and become a new country........Alaskaho??  LOL  Just a thought.

Tony
48 CJ2A 212561
President, Alaska chapter of the IFFC

sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2007 at 11:28am
Tony:
Quote Always thought of the southern part as a barren wasteland that I couldn't speed through fast enough!
Yah. It's a volcanic desert, created by the continent moving across the Yellowstone hot spot.

As for becoming part of Canada............Confused  Dead   How about a separate country?
We thought about that too, after Canada rejected us!

Secede, start a new country, then apply for foreign aid.  Instead of shelling out, we'd get money for free, just like the rest of the world!

Sean
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2007 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by sean sean wrote:

Tony:
Quote Always thought of the southern part as a barren wasteland that I couldn't speed through fast enough!
Yah. It's a volcanic desert, created by the continent moving across the Yellowstone hot spot.

As for becoming part of Canada............Confused  Dead   How about a separate country?
We thought about that too, after Canada rejected us!

Secede, start a new country, then apply for foreign aid.  Instead of shelling out, we'd get money for free, just like the rest of the world!

Sean

wasn't that idea already abandoned at a place called Ruby Ridge? :)
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

westforkboyd View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westforkboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2007 at 2:49pm

Tony Alaskaho? that's great!!!!!!LOLLOLLOL

Low funny you should mention ruby ridge. I worked with Randy for five years before he quit and went out west. He was my mechanic at Deere when I ran a battery of Three G & L Orion machining centers.  I kept him pretty busy with crashes and such. We got to be fairly close as co-workers go. What a tragedy.
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2007 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by lowenuf lowenuf wrote:

[wasn't that idea already abandoned at a place called Ruby Ridge? :)
We tried it LOOONG before Ruby Ridge happened.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2007 at 4:22pm
Thumbs%20Up..........Sean, looks like the ctrl button bypasses the popup blocker. So you have to hit it and the 'Smiley' menu....haven't tried the picture insert yet, but it appears to work the same way.....Thanks for the help.
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2007 at 4:30pm
Jumping through hoops..Lesson learned.........Thanks again!

Edited by rocnroll - 28 Jan. 2007 at 4:32pm
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan. 2007 at 11:31am
NICE lump!  What did you put it in?

Sean
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan. 2007 at 3:14pm
That's the motor for the 2A pickup.
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

GaryArf View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan. 2007 at 6:52pm
Gotta see more on that one,,, you've been holding that close to the vest with only a fuzzy avatar to keep us wondering.......Throw us a bone!
CJ2A #10021 #34692 #58500

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan. 2007 at 7:51pm

Well let's see.....it's bolted in the frame now. Oh yes, and it's got red plug wires since that picture. LOL........far too un-finished (and unoriginal) to be dissected just yet.Wink

Maybe by the Fall Reunion it'll be closer to fini................uh, closer to looking like something.

Old pictures...for the one's who haven't seen 'em.
                        http://2apickup.myphotoalbum.com/

Sorry for the hijacking Allen.Confused

Edited by rocnroll - 29 Jan. 2007 at 8:19pm
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

westforkboyd View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westforkboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan. 2007 at 8:47pm
I've been curious as hell about that Willys!!! Been meaning to ask you about it. Never seen nor even heard of one before. Glad you're opening up a bit about it.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan. 2007 at 9:00pm
Check out the pics, they all have captions to tell the story.
    (Caution: there won't be much of that "I wonder if this was cadmium plated from the factory" type of essay here though)

Edited by rocnroll - 29 Jan. 2007 at 9:28pm
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>