Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My 46 CJ

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Furrer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 46 CJ
    Posted: 13 Oct. 2015 at 4:07am
Good evening:

Just wanted to post some before and after pic's of my 46 CJ.  It is almost all original.  I bought it in October of 2014 and Washougal Classic Jeep did the restoration.  I was only going to get it running and drivable but, well we all know what can happen.  It was completely stripped down.  I mean down to nothing but parts and put back together.  The frame and body were sandblasted.  What could be repaired was repaired.  What needed to be replaced was.  I bought new body parts from Classic Enterprises, i.e. rear floor, front floor pans and a few body parts.  I also bought a 48 CJ in February and used the engine out of it.  I got very lucky, the engine did not need to be rebuilt and it is "SOLID".  The frame was primed with POR 15 and then primed and painted.  The underside of the body was also primed with both POR 15 and primed and painted.  New, brakes, brake lines.  New American Made gauges (except Speedo.  That is going to be rebuilt this Winter).  The CJ was originally a Column Shift but when it was purchased by me it had a 3 speed floor shift with an F-134.  I had the tranny rebuilt and kept it as a floor shift.  But the body cut out for the Column Shift is still there.  As you can it looks real nice and it is a blast to drive.  Oh I forgot to mention Mid 46 manufacture with the Body Number of 16254
Nu
Hans W. Furrer
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct. 2015 at 4:24am
Very nice! Clap
Freedom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct. 2015 at 4:34am
Wow.  Great job.  Way to bring it back.
09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct. 2015 at 4:43am
I love the tan colored Jeeps, it adds unique character. Great job on the restoration and a fast one at that!
Hans Furrer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Furrer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct. 2015 at 4:45am
Smile  I cannot take credit for the restoration.  I honestly think I could have done it but I am just so busy with my Construction Business it would have taken years.  I was excited and had Richard Darr with Washougal Classic Jeeps do it.  But, there are things I have done and more for me to do.  From here on out it is my baby to maintain and repair.  I did spend a whole Butt Load to get it done.
Hans W. Furrer
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct. 2015 at 5:01am
Looks great thanks for the pictures.

More after pictures would be awesome.
SlowPocono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlowPocono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct. 2015 at 2:06pm
Very nice!
JohnB View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct. 2015 at 10:00pm
Looks great and I really like the shade of tan. I'm thinking of painting my 47 tan. Could you share the paint formula? John
Phil_IA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil_IA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct. 2015 at 11:11pm
Nice! I like the body colored wheels.
LordSlappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordSlappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2015 at 2:38am
Do you happen to Richard's number.  He is working on my D18 and I lost his business card.  Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Furrer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2015 at 1:36pm
Good morning:

Richards number is 360-513-9824.
Hans W. Furrer
JohnB View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov. 2015 at 3:28am
Hans, any chance you would share the paint formula for the tan color? Very nice job. John

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hans Furrer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov. 2015 at 1:46pm
John:

Here is the formula break down.

Sherwin Williams - Dimension

DM527 Strong Y   317.40g

DM522 Strong W  248.20g

DM500 Strong B  39.30g

DM518 Oxide Re  28.50g

DM623 Dimension  358.50g

If you need any more info just send me a message. Wink

Hans

Hans W. Furrer
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov. 2015 at 3:18pm
Richard (Washougal Classic Jeeps) handled the machine work on my engine as well as doing the regear rebuild on my T-90A He also traded my 1.125" D-18 for a 1.250" D-18 that he completely rebuilt. An extremely nice guy to deal with and his place is a Willys Parts gold mine. He's very knowledgeable without a hint of arrogance. Its hard to get away from him in person or on the phone as he's so interesting to talk to.

Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
 Post Reply Post Reply