Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It was a barn find in Maple Ridge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 25>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 9:20pm
working on the tail gate filling holes and straighting it out the best i can,I want to use as much of the orignal parts as posible, I know it would be easier to buy new parts and just paint but there is some satisfaction in repairing the orignal , this thing was full of holes and bady cracked from hanging a spare tire and a gerry can off of it with no reinforcement , the pic you see is the almost finished repair, you think you have the cracks or holes repaired and apply a little primer and boom out in the sunlight you see more cracks or find a spot weld that needs to be touched up

Edited by shadow - 01 Aug. 2016 at 7:16pm
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 9:23pm
found a pic of the new to me head that i used
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 5:14am
had a great find at the swap meet this weekend, one was a ramsey pto winch
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 5:22am
I will go through it  before i mount it up
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 5:42am
The next swap meet find was a Harrison Super Delux heater
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2016 at 3:15am
I dont know if this is tabo or sackrilage but i want to install this Harrison heater and take advantage of the defroster, in this part of the country with the rain and cool days its hard tto keep the windows clear
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2016 at 3:24am
I will need to make some adjustments and spacers but after a trial fit there seems to be enough room under the dash

Edited by shadow - 08 Sep. 2016 at 10:05pm
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2016 at 4:46am
Looking forward to following your winch install. Make sure before you mount it you get the PTO shaft to clear the steering exhaust and other stuff.
I have a 46 2a with the same winch and I'm having trouble to get the PTO shaft to clear everything. The previous owner welded all the mounts for the winch before hooking up the shaft and now I can't get shaft to lineup.
So I will have to cut all the mounts and move the winch over.

I've seen a 2a with that same heater looked real good.
Great finds.
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2016 at 3:47am
thanks I am looking forward to mounting it up, and i did notice there is not a lot of clearance through there, 
binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2016 at 2:27am
Shadow, are you the one planning on coming out to the BC Rally in Cherryville in July?  If so, it looks like you might be needing a seat or two, not too sure if yours will be ready. No problem!!
 CHuck
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2016 at 4:22am
Not that it will help much but here's a pic of I think the same heater in a 2a.
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2016 at 4:55am
yes it does help that is a great pitcure thanks , my wife also likes the heater
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2016 at 5:09am
I had a chance to fit the heater this weekend and after some tweaking i think i have the best spot for it now, with the heater tubes to the fire wall and clearance for any other parts, I trimmed the rear support of the heater and made spacers for the mounting bolts, next is to clean up the heater and add a little bit of paint

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2016 at 4:06am
Nice to have warm feet while jeeping.
And even better if the wife has warm feet while jeeping
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2016 at 4:26am
After cleaning up and repainting the heater i think it turned out very good, its hard to see the the hammer finish paint and the info plate after i polished it up, I also drilled and taped the head and installed the heater valve and drilled the holes for the heater core/ heater hoses to pass through the fire wall. as for the chevy logo I am going to ask my daughter to make a willys logo or somthing like that out of vinel to go over the center part only
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2016 at 4:30am
Happy Wife Happy LifeWink
misterberry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote misterberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2016 at 6:29am
In all the years of surfin' the net and seeing picture after picture...I have never seen or read about this Harrison heater.
Luckily, I was blessed to have one in place when I started to restore my '48. Fan was shot but I managed to find a 12V one to fit. Now, I have another '47 and it is a 6V equipped so I have options if I wanna go backwards in voltages.
Good luck and congrats on your find and progress!
James Berry

'48 2A ser.187593 "Jeep Jeep"

It's a "Lefty"....
Moved north from California-
Now waving the Canadian flag -
A Canuck back home in Edmonton
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2016 at 6:28am
when i started on the heater i found this one had a 12v motor in it, and after looking for a 6v motor with a through shaft for the dual fans i was realizing this may be a chalange, but a 6v with a shaft on one side is much easier to find, so what i did was install two 6v motors, one for the defroster fan and one for the heater fan, with a mounting bracket holding the heater motor and the orignal mounting holding the defroster motor, I havent decided if i will hook up both motors together or with seprate controls yet but the ability to run defrost only or heat only and at diffrent speeds is tempting
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 25>