Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It was a barn find in Maple Ridge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 25>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2017 at 4:29pm
Andy,

I can't get the link to work.
15 Field RCA
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2017 at 5:04am
sorry Jon I am still trying to make it work
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
92889 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2017 at 5:28am
I'll just have to come out and see it in person.
No excuses now that they took the toll off the bridge.
Looks like you are almost done.
When will it be on the road?
15 Field RCA
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct. 2017 at 11:47pm
Had a little jeep time today , I took a brake from renovating our kitchen to keep my sanity, I was able to install the exhaust with a little tweaking I have it positioned and now just need to tighten it all up , and next was fitting the rear tail light panels and rear wheel tubs.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct. 2017 at 4:07am
Took advantage of the weather today to start welding the wheel tubs and tail light panels into place with the spot welder an the mig.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
92889 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct. 2017 at 4:53am
Looks great Andy.

Did you buy the panels or fabricate them yourself?
15 Field RCA
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct. 2017 at 5:29am
I ordered the rear tubs from Classic, mine were too far gone to repair and for the price it would be hard to fab for the price and the same for the tail light panels, they were so hacked up from Bubba that it wasn't worth the effort
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct. 2017 at 9:37pm
Looks great, where did you get the plated footman loops?
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct. 2017 at 5:09am
Gemini jeeps out in Burnaby had a sale on footman loops so I bought 20 of them ,
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct. 2017 at 12:15pm
Nice work Andy on that tub.It's a lot of work to get everything to align up and fit properly, well done.Thumbs Up Keep the pictures coming.

Edited by Gil - 28 Oct. 2017 at 4:05pm
1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2017 at 4:13am
When I originally made my battery cables from the starter switch to the starter I wanted to make it easy to excess the starter switch but after making the cables and bolting them in place they were too tight to the engine block and the potential for the cables to short out on the block was too great, so out they came and new ends are soldered on at a different angle.   

Edited by shadow - 04 Nov. 2017 at 8:34pm
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2017 at 4:30am
so a light day for the jeep, I removed the tailgate chain anchors from my old body parts and started positioning them to be welded in tomorrow and the trailer plug cover location and footman loops

Edited by shadow - 04 Nov. 2017 at 8:37pm
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2017 at 11:43am
Nice work Andy,you seem  to have fun building it,way to go.
1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2017 at 1:11pm
Nice work being done here!
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2017 at 2:24pm
Smart move on the battery cables, body work looks fantastic(between you, Gil and a bunch of others my poor jeep starting to develop an inferiority complex ) By the way what is the small bracket on the pass side right before the bed(looks like it would be in the tool box) used for? Joe Wadoyado from the water, winter, wonderland.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2017 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by wadoyado wadoyado wrote:

Smart move on the battery cables, body work looks fantastic(between you, Gil and a bunch of others my poor jeep starting to develop an inferiority complex ) By the way what is the small bracket on the pass side right before the bed(looks like it would be in the tool box) used for? Joe Wadoyado from the water, winter, wonderland.

At first I thought it was a support bracket and then I had seen a little trivia blurb that said that some jeeps had a drain that channeled the water from the tool box lid channel out the back of the floor riser but mine had no hole so I am not quite sure what its for, I still removed it from my old floor riser and installed it on my new one
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2017 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Gil Gil wrote:

Nice work Andy,you seem  to have fun building it,way to go.

O yes I am quite enjoying the build but I am looking forward to driving the jeep.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2017 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Nice work being done here!

Thanks jpet that means a lot coming from you.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 25>