Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It was a barn find in Maple Ridge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 25>
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb. 2018 at 4:26pm
Nice work, what is your plan for a rear license plate bracket?

Jim
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb. 2018 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by WeeWilly WeeWilly wrote:

Nice work, what is your plan for a rear license plate bracket?

Jim
haven't thought that far ahead
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb. 2018 at 5:44pm
Might end up being something of a compromise since you are using bumperettes and a pintle hitch..

DJs with bumperettes used a tailgate mounted swinging bracket that would work but that would mean holes in the tailgate.

Edited by rocnroll - 13 Feb. 2018 at 5:54pm
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb. 2018 at 8:45pm
I might mount it under the light it might just need to be offset a bit or on the bumperet itself

Edited by shadow - 20 Feb. 2018 at 5:07am
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb. 2018 at 3:12am
Those look like Wrangler bumperettes.  I didn't think they'd fit a 2A frame.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb. 2018 at 3:38pm
Your set up is like what I did for my Sons' M38 and I made a bracket that mounted under the pintle hook then used one of those LED license plate lights that mounts using the top holes of the lic. plate.

Jim
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb. 2018 at 3:41am
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

yes they are i drilled holes in the bumperets to match up to the holes in the rear bumper , they will work until i find or buy something else
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb. 2018 at 3:53am
Originally posted by shadow shadow wrote:

Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

yes they are i drilled holes in the bumperets to match up to the holes in the rear bumper , they will work until i find or buy something else

Had I looked closer, I probably could have seen the extra holes in the bumperettes.  I've been trying to figure out what to do with the ones I took off my '89 since... '89.
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb. 2018 at 5:04am
My tub is now one i just finished welding the drivers side panel into place with the gussets and supports ( lots of spot welding) so in the next couple of days i will now start grinding and sanding.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2018 at 3:45am
I always find the cj2a page has so much good information for the average guy that when i needed to figure out where the bow pockets go there it is, so after a little time measuring and positioning the pockets they are now installed, and now on to the smoothing and filling.

Edited by shadow - 06 Mar. 2018 at 4:34am
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
92889 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2018 at 2:49am
Andy, where did you get the bow pockets from?

I thought you wanted mine? No big deal. Did you buy new ones or fabricate your own?

15 Field RCA
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2018 at 3:38am
I had the front bow pocket but the rear one was missing, so i ordered the rear pocket but the biggest question i had was where does it go and that why i wanted to measure your tub or make a template from yours, here in this photo you can see the missing pocket and the rear corners of my jeepthe pocket was from Walcks

Edited by shadow - 08 Mar. 2018 at 3:58am
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
92889 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2018 at 3:59am
Looks great.
15 Field RCA
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2018 at 4:55pm

Shadow,

I had the same issue as you.  (Front pocket…no rear)  I was a little nervous about setting the pocket before having bows…for fear that the “reproduction” bows would be slightly different and wouldn’t fit right.  I used Jpet’s measurements, and then fine tuned using the bows.

On the license plate…again I had the same challenge.  I didn’t want to drill anymore holes than needed, so I built a bracket that used the same holes as the bumperette.  Years later, I may do this differently now, but at the time I thought I was the most clever guy ever.

I did something similar in the front to avoid conflict with the lifting shackle.

Edited by athawk11 - 08 Mar. 2018 at 4:59pm
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2018 at 5:00pm
I will add, I don't really want to muddy up your awesome build thread with my photos, but showing options is sometimes easier than describing options.  I'm happy to delete them at your request.

1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2018 at 4:16am
Too late, the cat's outta the bag.  If you delete them from here, you have to post them somewhere else.  It's only fair.  Big smile
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2018 at 5:01am
no no leave them there they are great ideas and I hope its ok I may just use your design   
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar. 2018 at 2:32pm
Well yesterday was mostly cleanup and prep to start on the body work but I did set her down on her wheels and roll her out into the sun to get a better look at the body, sometimes its hard to see things in a small shop under artificial light.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 25>