Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It was a barn find in Maple Ridge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 25>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar. 2018 at 4:09pm
I am jealous of your sunshine and green grass!
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar. 2018 at 2:12am
Andy your jeep is looking good and it's not even painted yet.Andy for your rear license plate bracket all I did was screw two small 90 degree bracket under the bumper at the pindle hook.My license plate is right in the centre under the bumper.I also use a license plate frame that I painted the same colour as the jeep.
1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar. 2018 at 2:13am
Yeah, how do you have green grass at this time of year?  Isn't it still winter there in BC? 
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar. 2018 at 3:11am
I agree with BryanB and Ol'Ureliable....Canada is supposed to be the Great White North not CO. or MI. Poor MI. guys are forced to paint in the snow(well Bryan anyhow) Jeeps really coming together nicely on a more serious note, must be nice seeing all that had work coming together so well! Got me climbing the walls, I wanna go for a rip and a bud eh. The tools in the back of your jeep looks just like my work bench Joe W
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar. 2018 at 3:24am
Depends which part of BC. I live in the south central east of Vernon and I still have over two feet of snow on the front lawn! He lives on the west coast within 20 miles of the Pacific Ocean. It gives them mostly rain instead of snow.  Auto insurance get's a licken there when it snows!  LOLLOL
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar. 2018 at 3:40am
Originally posted by Gil Gil wrote:

Andy your jeep is looking good and it's not even painted yet.Andy for your rear license plate bracket all I did was screw two small 90 degree bracket under the bumper at the pindle hook.My license plate is right in the centre under the bumper.I also use a license plate frame that I painted the same colour as the jeep.

I like your location with the plate, I needed to see her out in the daylight
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar. 2018 at 3:53am
Originally posted by BryanB BryanB wrote:

I am jealous of your sunshine and green grass!

we pay for that green grass with what seems like endless amounts of rain and when the sun comes out we take full advantage of it, and like Binthere said we don't get a lot of snow but it sure wreaks havoc when it does
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar. 2018 at 4:02am
And again it was another great day to work on the jeep, it doesn't feel like i put in a full day and you wouldn't know what i did but most of it was tweaking and adjusting to get the front end to fit .
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2018 at 1:16am
Gonna be one great-looking Jeep when finished!
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2018 at 7:15pm
I am not very good at body work so it takes me a long time to get the panel just the way i like.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 12:28am
Ok so we are back from a little holiday and other family and work related things so this was the first weekend i have hade to really do much to the jeep,
so with that i thought i would start up the engine and get it up to temp and just have a good look over only it wouldn't start, i had spark, fuel pressure and nothing had changed, well silly me i used some gasket material in my fuel filter that went mushy from the fuel and it closed off the passage in the fuel filter to the carb so there was fuel and pressure from the pump to the filter but nothing at the carb , so after making a new gasket the motor came back to life only to find a oil leak at the oil filter, so after more fiddling with the filter lid and copper sealing washer it was all good, i even had a chance to run it up and down the street a couple of times, so now on to the horn mount and a mounting spring that i found at the swap meet, i know it sounds like such a small thing but its still progress.    
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 5:37pm
So after struggling with my front fenders and how beat up they are i thought i would call Jon to see if he had any extra ones he might be willing to part with, this was a good excuse to go for a visit and see how his shop and jeep is comming along too, and wow the work he is doing is impresive like the carb he was just working on or his chassis, and yes he did have some spare fenders that i can use, Thanks again Jon.

Edited by shadow - 15 June 2018 at 5:41pm
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
92889 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 5:49pm
My pleasure.
Your Jeep looks great.
Can’t wait to go wheeling!
15 Field RCA
binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 11:06pm
You guy's will have to get those rigs done and get out to the Okanagan for some wheeling. We're still waiting since our 2016 rally for some more action!!Thumbs Up
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

92889 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 11:21pm
2 more years and I’m there.
Looking forward to it.
15 Field RCA
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 4:28am
So I started on the fender welding up a couple of stress cracks and replacing the fender support that was broken off and its looking really good, one of the things I did was remove the wood from the support and weld in tubing standoffs where the bolts pass through so it wont crush the support.

Edited by shadow - 20 June 2018 at 4:32am
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
djaehn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djaehn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 4:44am
Where do you purchase your Material?
DJaehn
1998 TJ (DD)
1947 CJ-2A (One eye Willy)
1948 CJ2A (Rusty)
1982 SJ Cherokee Chief Wagoneer
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2018 at 3:22am
Originally posted by djaehn djaehn wrote:

Where do you purchase your Material?

what kind of material are you referring to? parts are picked up here and there at swap meets and having friends with similar interest with spare parts and for steel there are steel supply shops and auto parts shops that can supply body repair supplies and the 2a page is a great source for information, if you are looking for something in particular just ask and I will try and help the best I can.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 25>