Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It was a barn find in Maple Ridge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 25>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2018 at 3:34am
Ok its official, after a trip to the local ICBC rep and lots of research I have registration for my jeep, one of the last things I had to do is have them do a visual on the jeep but I was told don't drive it here.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2018 at 4:12am
Progress!  YAY!!  Thumbs Up
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2018 at 5:38am
So just a little progress on the right side fender with repairing the support and the inner sheet metal behind the battery, I still need to finish welding along the top inner of the fender but it too is looking good.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
LuzonRed47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2018 at 12:09pm
Shadow, your spot welds under the fender look good. Thanks for sharing your progress and congrats on the registration.
CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2018 at 4:36pm
So for me its a very slow process with body work, you clean prep lay in a thin coat of filler and the next day I sand it out only to find I sanded too far and then needing to apply another skim coat and sand again, so its small steps forward and trying not to over sand my work.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2018 at 7:31pm
[QUOTE=shadow]So for me its a very slow process with body work, you clean prep lay in a thin coat of filler and the next day I sand it out only to find I sanded too far .[/

Andy you're doing a good job.Just block sand with light pressure both ways at a 45 degree with 120 grit and then apply primer and then block sand the same way with a fine grit.That's the way I do it and it works ok.Andy I love your tires on the jeep,what type and size are they?
1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2018 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Gil Gil wrote:

[QUOTE=shadow]So for me its a very slow process with body work, you clean prep lay in a thin coat of filler and the next day I sand it out only to find I sanded too far .[/

Andy you're doing a good job.Just block sand with light pressure both ways at a 45 degree with 120 grit and then apply primer and then block sand the same way with a fine grit.That's the way I do it and it works ok.Andy I love your tires on the jeep,what type and size are they?

I took your advice with the sand paper and I bought a block for sanding with way better results, as for the tires I would love to have a full set but the original ones are worn out and the one you see was the spare, I do like the size they are 16x6.50 6 ply

Edited by shadow - 23 July 2018 at 3:32pm
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2018 at 6:30pm
Glad to help Andy, I used to work as a body man when I was younger.
1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2018 at 10:37pm
What a difference it makes with a good sanding block very hot out today so effort is a little low today, just need more cold beer.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
92889 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 6:18am
Andy,

Are you going to dismantle the body parts to paint them?
15 Field RCA
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2018 at 6:27am
Originally posted by 92889 92889 wrote:

Andy,

Are you going to dismantle the body parts to paint them?
yes after I have the body looking the way I think it should look I will tear it down for paint, I have had it apart and together so many times I think I can do it with my eyes closed.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
Willy M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2018 at 4:51pm
You're getting that body work down pat.   I had to learn about sanding blocks the hard way as well. 

I like the tread design on those tires too!

shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct. 2018 at 6:09pm
So back from a little hunting trip and had a chance to dig out the thermostat housing for Jon, I think he has been waiting patiently for this.Wow I had to look to the bottom of page 3 to find my build, I didn't think I was gone that long

Edited by shadow - 19 Oct. 2018 at 6:16pm
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
92889 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct. 2018 at 7:18pm
Awesome...

But to be clear I’m in no rush. I always think I’m in a rush then it takes 5 times as long to get things done. I’ve only had 3 days off work in the last 16 and I spent those doing yard work and cleaning gutters.

I’ll be out in a week or si.

Thanks
15 Field RCA
binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct. 2018 at 10:35pm
About time you coast boys get your jeeps done! Us interior boys are waiting for you fellows to get out here for a few days of real jeepin!Thumbs UpBeer
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct. 2018 at 3:01am
O man I am just itching to get out in the jeep, I was hoping to take it out hunting this year but not quite there yet, we had a lot going on this year with our daughter getting married and all the planning that goes along with it and them buying a house all at the same time.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2018 at 3:21am
So yes its been some time for me as life just gets busy, so on last Friday I got a phone call saying that the tires I ordered are finally in , they were on backorder for two months , I was starting to think I would need to change my order to get some tires for the jeep, so today I was at the tire shop at opening time with a big grin on my face.   
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2018 at 4:08am
Sweet Clap
New tires are so fun.
1946 cj2a desert dog
1946 cj2a bulldog
1948 cj2a blue jeep
1953 cj3b yard dog
1955 willys wagon
1955 willys pickup
1956 willys pickup boomer
1960 fc 170
1968 jeepster commando
1990 Grand wagoneer