Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It was a barn find in Maple Ridge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 25>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2016 at 2:54pm
Here's the one the 2A pickups had....Wink

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2016 at 5:33am
very nice, i like the crome willys trimWink
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2016 at 4:15pm
before and after for the logo for the harrison heater
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2016 at 4:08am
Much better than a bow tie .
Nice job
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2016 at 6:15am
had a change of hart on the colour of the willys logo for the heater and my daughter agreed  that the red was  better 
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2016 at 6:27am
I have been busy working on the inner windshield frame repairing the rust and removing the broken screws, removing the glass without damaging or twisting the frame was a little more of a challange than i was expecting. The inner frame has been cleaned up and repaired and two coats of POR 15 inside and out of the frame I also picked up new stainless screws and acorn nuts for the frame , now orignaly I was going to install the glass myself but after reading some of the posts here on the page it sounds more wise to have the glass shop install the glass, and I did keep the old glass for patterns for the shop when i take it down to them

Edited by shadow - 01 Aug. 2016 at 6:47pm
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2016 at 2:58pm
Found a set of bumperets at the wreckers the other day you never know what you are going to find when you wander around the used parts isle
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2016 at 7:05pm
Over the last month or so I have been soaking a set of rims in a tub of molases and water, I wanted to see how good it worked for rust removal , let the dip do the work and less grinding for me ,well I was plesantly surprised at the results , I also tried some commercial grade rust remover as a comparison, the commercial rust remover worked well and quickly but not as well as the molasses ,now the cost ,the molasses 6.50 per 4 L and the Eastwood 35.oo per 1L, so if you have the time to let your parts soak this is a cheap way to clean rusty parts and when you are finished with the molasses you just dump and rince it down the drain. the dark rim is the eastwood gell with four aplications of the rust remover and the rim beside it is three weeks of soaking in molasses the third rim is a before shot and after a paint remover was applied , the molasses will soften and remove some of the paint but if you have multiple layers of paint like I did both or the rust removers will work much better.

Edited by shadow - 02 Aug. 2016 at 10:10pm
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2016 at 4:56am
Had a chance to pull out the winch so I removed the cabe and cleaned up the winch to see what it needs and so far its looking good

Edited by shadow - 06 Aug. 2016 at 5:17am
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2016 at 5:16am
I also had a interesting find when i was cleaning up the hood with a scrip F on the hinge, the jeep had suffered from a rollover some time in its life and the hood had the left front corner lifted and folded over , so after a day with a torch and hammer i have been able to straighten out the foded corner, now it just a matter of smoothing out some of the wrinkles , the orignal colour is pasture green,,there was three other paint jobs since. 

Edited by shadow - 06 Aug. 2016 at 5:27am
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug. 2016 at 10:45pm
                               Had a chance to paint some of the small parts, the inner windshield frame and the seat frames, the small parts and frame turned out very good , i also assembled the inner frame and seal to make sure everything woul still fit together, the passenger seat is also painted and turned out good but the drivers seat not so good, when i wiped it down there must have been somthing on my rag because the paint fisheyed all over so i get to sand it down all over again , this time i will pay more attention to what rag i am using before i spray on the paint. 
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2016 at 4:17pm
Just a little update in my progress on the hood, i was trying for the longest time to straighten a bad twist and pucker in my hood and i just wasent able to get it to lay flat so i decided to remove the twisted side and weld in a hood half that was straight that i had as spare parts.
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2016 at 4:57pm
Oh, if I had a half a hood laying about as spare parts you just know it would be the wrong half, lol

(that looks great Thumbs Up )
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
swmoboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote swmoboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep. 2016 at 12:25pm
Enjoying following your project.  Keep up the good work.
1947 CJ2a #155307
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2016 at 10:55pm
You are really doing justice to this ol' girl. She'll treat you the same when you are finished. Can't wait to see more.
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2016 at 10:23pm
sorry this is out of order but i thought i would post som pic. of the frame and tub durring dissasembly , the PO had visions of a V8 in this jeep as you can tell with the bellhousing adaptor the missing motor mounts ,the front x member was hacked out and a bunch of scrap metal was bubbafied on the front frame horn for a steering box, now in the pitcure the x member is just sitting in place and the trans was moved back aprox. 8 in.

Edited by shadow - 10 Sep. 2016 at 1:46am
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep. 2016 at 3:39pm
Compaired to some of the floors i have seen i think my floor is in good shape and a great example of the orignal colour after some serious presure washing
binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep. 2016 at 4:58pm
That tub is in exceptional shape Shadow! I don't know of anyone who could even dream of such luck!!
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 25>