Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hoosier @ Badlands Off-road Park - Event Date: 04 Nov. 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Hoosier @ Badlands Off-road Park
    Posted: 23 Nov. 2015 at 2:54am
Hi All,

Would anyone be interested in doing some wheeling at Badlands Off-road Park in Attica. Indiana on Dec 5?

http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/default.asp

We don't have to do anything serious. I was thinking of trails that are doable in a stock Willys. The rules state you have to have a roll bar and seatbelt though.

http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/custompage.asp?pg=rules-faqs

Anybody been there before? I can't go wheeling alone and I see there are a lot of Hoosiers on the forum. Can we get something together?

Edited by jpet - 18 Oct. 2017 at 9:49pm
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov. 2015 at 3:09am
I've been to Badlands quite a few times with the 6x6 atv group. It's a pretty fun place, the only part that is a pain are their hours. I would absolutely love to come out. My Jeep is having the tcase rebuilt but if I could ride passenger and video I'm down.

Haspin Acres has a lot more trails, no rules, and ride whenever you want. I posted a video of my Jeep there last year. There's trails you can ride with no effort all the way to custom buggies. It's my favorite place in the world.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov. 2015 at 3:38am
Well let's do that then. hopefully they have challenges with bypasses?
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov. 2015 at 4:15am
If it rains Haspin is really sloppy and everything becomes a little challenge, but when dry you can go most places with ease. Badlands has alot of sand hill climbs which isn't too much fun in these. Definitely have a winch and tow strap just in case. For most trails there's a way to go around the mud or an alternate path someone has made through the brush, little Jeeps shouldn't be a problem (I wouldn't bring a shiny perfect one there though). The trip I made last year was the most fun I've ever had in my Jeep!
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov. 2015 at 4:28am
Hopefully some more will join in. I'd like to do this on the 5th
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

ricco View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov. 2015 at 9:19pm
I keep thinking the jeep season is over...then you do another trail ride!  There may need to be an intervention!...I'll have to call Trudy and ask her about this.

Dennis should have that purple jeep about ready for a test run shouldn't he?
She can dance a cajun rhythm....jump like a Willy's in four wheel drive...("Sugar Magnolia")

'48 CJ2A #204845 "Lumpy"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov. 2015 at 9:29pm
Need at least one more jeep to jump in on this.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2015 at 8:22am
I would love to do this but for home restrictions and no trailer, but there are some others that might jump on this. If you make it I hope to see pics! Of course between the “roving reporter” and Nick I’m sure that would be covered. Good luck with it, I’ll try to spread the word to my friends in the group.

Edited by BENSH - 02 Dec. 2015 at 2:04pm
    1945 CJ2a 11495
Dmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov. 2015 at 4:13am

Let me see if I can get this worked into my schedule. Awol needs 2 tubes and the transfer case is talking to me, LOUDLY! but it might have one more run in it. Besides this is close to home. I will confirm by Monday Jeff.

Ewww seatbelts, that could be a problem, not sure I want to drill holes in the body after welding up hundreds and I mean hundreds of extra holes. Let me give this some thought.

Dennis
43 Ford GPW "AWOL"
48-52 CJ Series Bubba Jeep
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov. 2015 at 6:18am
If you chose Haspin it's restriction free, run what you 'brung. Seatbelts, roll cages, etc are whatever you want. I have seen quite a few ambulances run through there before though.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov. 2015 at 11:10am
I'm fine with Haspin Acres
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov. 2015 at 11:21am
I just need to know if someone with a winch is coming. If not, I'll have to get one ASAP. I have a friend coming with me so I won't have an extra seat. If no other flat fenders are coming, I'll try to find a wrangler to go with and I may just go to badlands since it's an hour closer. Just let me know.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

cjbilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov. 2015 at 8:20pm
FYI- if you decide to do Badlands on the 5th, maybe you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

1984 CJ7
1946 CJ2A- Supersonic motor
1948 CJ2A- Ramsey DP-1 shifter,PTO,front Ramsey MX200-R winch, Newgren lift
1955 Sears Trailer
1955 CJ5- PTO/belt drive,farm weight
1954 CJ3B- trencher,front blade
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov. 2015 at 8:33pm
.... so Scott, .... this means you are in?
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

cjbilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov. 2015 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

.... so Scott, .... this means you are in?

No, just sharing the info. Daughter gets married the following weekend. Crunch time for this and that- I'm sure most of you will understand. Cry
Besides, the 2A isn't up and running..... yet.
1984 CJ7
1946 CJ2A- Supersonic motor
1948 CJ2A- Ramsey DP-1 shifter,PTO,front Ramsey MX200-R winch, Newgren lift
1955 Sears Trailer
1955 CJ5- PTO/belt drive,farm weight
1954 CJ3B- trencher,front blade
Dmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2015 at 4:33pm
Looks Iffy for me Jeff sorry! A lot on my plate right now. Don`t count me out just yet but it`s leaning that way.
43 Ford GPW "AWOL"
48-52 CJ Series Bubba Jeep
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2015 at 4:39pm
Don't worry about it Dennis.  Since I didn't get any feedback, I'm going to Badlands with a couple of friends from church.  They have JKs.  Badlands is only 2-1/4 hours from home for me but yes, you need a roll bar, seat belts, tow points, etc.  If anyone is still interested, We will be in Attica Saturday morning at 9ish.  We are bringing a couple 4 wheelers too.

Edited by jpet - 01 Dec. 2015 at 4:42pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Stretch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec. 2015 at 12:01pm
I'm not able to go, but my stock jeep has been to Haspin many times.
1946 CJ2A #44093
1946 CJ2A #44754
1952 REO M108 Crane/wrecker

Pile of parts...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>