Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hoosier @ Badlands Off-road Park - Event Date: 04 Nov. 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec. 2015 at 2:51pm
http://dirtyturtleoffroad.com/ .  Its 10 miles from Madison Indiana or an hour from downtown Louisville.  Its a great off road park and it has easy trails all the way to extreme.

Edited by 67charger - 08 Dec. 2015 at 3:04pm
Red Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec. 2015 at 2:56pm
[QUOTE=Dmac]   Ah Glen just get juiced up! Wink They did both of my shoulders and my wrist! I`m in the same boat as you, though there is nothing they can do for my wrist short of pinning it which will limit mobility so I just live with it. Funny how our bodies start barking back at us as we get older.

[/QUOTE]

I did get a cortisone shot in it. This is a workman's comp claim so will need to adhere to Drs. orders.
Glen
49 CJ3A
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec. 2015 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by 67charger 67charger wrote:

http://dirtyturtleoffroad.com/ .  Its 10 miles from Madison Indiana or an hour from downtown Louisville.  Its a great off road park and it has easy trails all the way to extreme.

That does look good.  I read the rules.  Seatbelts yes, but they didn't say anything about a roll bar.  I sent them an email to confirm.  Do you have any pics or a thread?
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec. 2015 at 4:24pm
I don't have any pics or a thread on it, but I do know that everybody that does 4 wheeling in the surrounding states knows that place.  I see trailer after trailer going there during the weekends through my town.
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec. 2015 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by 67charger 67charger wrote:

That place looks about perfect, if Madram11 and the rock bouncers go it should be lots of fun. It's only 270 acres which we might get through pretty fast though.

I thought about putting vents on all my stuff, but didn't to behave myself. After seeing what water does, I'm kind of against crossings above  the axles. Even if everything is vented I've experienced a ruined starter, corroded lights, drums packed of goo, fans get broke, wheel bearings crusty, etc. I'll drive around them if I can after replacing my rear axle and tranny from water.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec. 2015 at 6:30pm
Yeah, I like it too.  I called about roll bars and left a voicemail and an email but the office is closed till Friday.  I may even go up there early and check it out. 
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Dmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec. 2015 at 10:19pm
Glen, they have you playing with those little colored bands during PT? I didn't gain much from it but doesn't mean you won`t! Still I understand you got to do as the DR orders being a comp claim.
43 Ford GPW "AWOL"
48-52 CJ Series Bubba Jeep
Red Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec. 2015 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Dmac Dmac wrote:

Glen, they have you playing with those little colored bands during PT? I didn't gain much from it but doesn't mean you won`t! Still I understand you got to do as the DR orders being a comp claim.

Start PT tomorrow. I don't anticipate it helping much, if were up to me I would have the surgery now and start the healing process.
Glen
49 CJ3A
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec. 2015 at 12:54pm
Sorry to read about all the joint problems Glen. If you can't drive red willy by June, you can ride with me! Izzy and Laurie too!  Wink John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Red Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec. 2015 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Oilleaker1 Oilleaker1 wrote:

Sorry to read about all the joint problems Glen. If you can't drive red willy by June, you can ride with me! Izzy and Laurie too!  Wink John

Thanks John Thumbs Up
Glen
49 CJ3A
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec. 2015 at 9:09pm
jpet did you get any word back on the need for roll bars?

I pulled the trigger on a "GPW" full winter top on eBay last night, planning ahead for our winter ride. With my CJ2A windshield I'm worried about the fit. My 3A body has the rear covered like an MB so that should be fine, but the extra 2'' height on my windshield might be an issue for the top fit, and the doors. Hugh's MB has a 2'' field mod extension I'm sure was for the summer top slack.  If anything I can use this as a reference for the local guy to use for a custom top. Do any of you guys happen to have experience with it? Also should I get M38 or MB top bows? I'm going to try and get my heater restored as well.

Top: https://imgur.com/a/aA6s8

Edited by Nick_ - 09 Dec. 2015 at 9:12pm
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec. 2015 at 9:47pm
I think either bows would work but it is designed for MB bows obviously. I think the windshield problem will be insignificant.idk. Your door curtains may be a little short. We shall see

DTOR is not open till Friday and their answering service says they don't check messages till Friday.

Edited by jpet - 09 Dec. 2015 at 9:58pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec. 2015 at 7:01pm
Just got off the phone with Dirty Turtle. They said if you don't have a roll bar you have to wear helmets.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec. 2015 at 4:22am
Trying to figure the logic in that....
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec. 2015 at 2:20pm
I got a football helmet you can barrow. Maybe even a hockey helmet.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec. 2015 at 2:38pm
So then Andy. If we do DTOR, you are in?
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec. 2015 at 3:49pm
Do combat helmets count?
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec. 2015 at 3:57pm
Just tell me when and i will try.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>