Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First timer!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48CJ2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec. 2018 at 3:12am
Back at it again, the cold weather forced me back in the garage. Mounted the tail gate a few weeks ago and got new hood blocks this last weekend. Working on the finishing up the gear shift next. Unfortunately, the passenger seat frame I found turns out to be to big. Not sure if its off a 3a or b?

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec. 2018 at 2:29am
Your windshield frame is from an M-38, maybe that seat frame is too.  Note how the front cross tube on your driver's seat frame is welded on top of the two front-to-back tubes.  That's what your passenger's seat frame should look like too.  I have an M-38 passenger's seat frame in Ol' Unreliable and have been hoping to find a 2A frame.  No luck yet...

BTW, your Jeep looks great!
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
48CJ2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 48CJ2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec. 2018 at 8:01pm
Thanks! its coming along great. I need to finish up the gauges and do some (a lot) of adjustments.
48CJ2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48CJ2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2019 at 10:45pm
Finally made it though the winter. I finished my gauges, went with a VDO set. i wanted something that fit with the back bezel and face of the originals.  I ordered a new fuel gauge because I wasn't sure a VDO would work with the sending unit.  Also got the high beam indicator in.

Greaser007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greaser007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2019 at 2:54pm
   Russel,

Your willys is sure Sweet. When the body looks so nice, they are worth washing up and keeping clean so they show the luster.

How is the steering after the bellcrank rebuild ?

( I resoldered my fuel tank bung yesterday with no-explosions ) ! amazing.

It will be years before my little '46 will get a Dupont overhaul.
Those new gauges look buff against the orange tangerine.

Nice work, and it was a pleasure to look back through this thread.

Len
48CJ2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48CJ2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 1:27am
Got the 12 volt wipers installed.

srlbotanical View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srlbotanical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 2:09am
That is one good looking Jeep!

Clap
Steve
1948 CJ2A - The Good Dog
1997 TJ - The Trail Rig
2001 XJ - The kids ride
48CJ2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48CJ2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2019 at 4:22am
Probably jumped the gun a bit but the weather was nice.  First time out of the drive way since I got it.

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2019 at 4:26am
We'll have to presume that you made it back safely.  Big smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Greaser007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greaser007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2019 at 5:14am
Very exciting day for you. Congrats on the "drive" !!

It is a treat to have a street-legal billy-goat.

In the "end" if there is one, we probably invest the same amount that it would cost to replace with a nice side-by-side. are they a UTV, ours are WILLYS.
48CJ2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48CJ2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2019 at 4:59am
Made a little more progress.
Got the chrome headlight rings installed. Working on the crossover tube to put a 'correct air cleaner. 

Finally broke down and ordered a passenger seat frame.  Got the seat installed.  You can just see the rip in the top of the drivers seat. I ordered a new one from Beachwood Canvas, hope to get is on this weekend. 

Finally outside. I will do the wheels next. I found some CJ5 rims, these stick out a little far for my taste.

Edited by 48CJ2 - 13 July 2019 at 5:03am
dsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2019 at 5:27am
That looks beautiful.48 cj2, just looking back at your posts realised you had a Koenig hard top.
I have searching hard for details on the doors of the hard top.
Do you still have it around that you can help me.
Regards.
Dsc
48CJ2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48CJ2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2019 at 8:27am
Here is some general info:
Unfortunately I no longer have that top.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345