Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Willys Support Vehicle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2019 at 12:18am
That is a cool picture. I like looking at old pictures. I got my serpentine drive mocked up today. It sure is pretty, too bad no one will ever see it. 

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar. 2019 at 2:22am
Yeah, that's kinda fancy for something nobody will ever see.  Hope it works as nice as it looks.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Doug Timme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar. 2020 at 1:17pm
Well, it started and moved under its own power for the first time in over two years. Still some details to work out, but it was good to hear it run.
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar. 2020 at 1:24pm
Congrats Doug Thumbs Up

Sure wish I was home to work on something...Just did a Skype Call with one of my Co-Workers and they are now off until April 7th - I could really put a dent in some projects with a Month off to work on stuff.

For now I'm sitting in my room collecting Per Diem and updating the Bantam Page and and a huge refresh of my PTO page (a few more factory documents to upload and it will be done).
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar. 2020 at 1:47pm
I heard it, I heard it !! I know that has to feel good.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar. 2020 at 7:08pm
It is at the trans shop right now. It moved forwards and backwards, but would not shift. I had the trans rebuilt and it sat in the garage for nearly a year. Hopefully, it is just a little sticky from sitting dry for that long. As soon as that is figured out, the shop that built the engine can put the final tune in the EFI. then, the fun will start.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 4:20pm
Still working out a few bugs, but it is running pretty strong.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 4:58pm
If you look in the background, you can see my poor neglected CJ.

Edited by Doug Timme - 08 May 2020 at 5:02pm
Michaeltru View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michaeltru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 11:10pm
Cool. Was looking to buy one of those vans back in the ‘70s.  
Mike in AZ
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 12:26am
Nice, do you plan to tow your jeep with the van?
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by otto otto wrote:

Nice, do you plan to tow your jeep with the van?

Maybe. I think that would be cool. The yellow one has a 440. Towing with that one would be an expensive proposition. I am curious what the gas mileage will be like with the fuel injected small block in the green one. Still working on "drivability" issues with it. BTW, "wire it up, fire it up" and "self learning/tuning"...not so far Confused. I probably shouldnt be so hard on it, this was not just an engine swap, I threw a lot of new stuff at it, mainly...everything. 
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 7:11pm
Cool, I trailer my 2a with my clapped out E250. It’s my home away from home on a lot of weekends at motorcycle events and Jeep gatherings. Not very shagadelic, more utilitarian. 
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by otto otto wrote:

Cool, I trailer my 2a with my clapped out E250. It’s my home away from home on a lot of weekends at motorcycle events and Jeep gatherings. Not very shagadelic, more utilitarian. 

I would like to do that with mine too. My green one is going to be more utilitarian than shag. My plan for it is a cruise / swap meet vehicle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 4:47pm
OK, how many of you have ever had to make "curtains" for a vehicle? LOL  I found this cool vintage material to make curtains for the rear windows of the yellow van.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234