Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 19>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jme0214 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2016 at 6:28am
That's great! Nice pics
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2016 at 7:38am
Little wider shot of the mural with a bonus Honda thrown in.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
TowMater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TowMater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2016 at 1:12pm
That's pretty cool. Thanks for posting.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2016 at 2:12pm
Stan, go back and take that picture again without that little red thing.....that's a really cool shot! Thumbs Up
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2016 at 2:40pm
I think we missed an opportunity with this one. A Jeep parked next to a work of art?

Isn't that just 2 jeeps parked together?

Hey Stan - I had a hard time seeing your jeep parked in front of that mural. Did they use your leftover paint?

The way the horse is positioned it looks like an elephant scared by a mouse.
Did it leave hoof prints on your hood?

Yes, please paintshop out the little red turd on the left.
I like the donut ad though.

Edited by Joe Friday - 09 July 2016 at 2:44pm
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2016 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

Stan, go back and take that picture again without that little red thing.....that's a really cool shot! Thumbs Up

I ran into town just before I had Another appointment and really only thought of the mural at the last second when I was heading home. I'll keep an eye on it and see if there is ever an open opportunity. That's a parking lot right down town so having no other cars there is pretty rare.

In the mean time, does anyone have some yard gnomes in their
neighborhood? I ask my wife what would be a fun picture and that it's what she suggested,

Your jeep with a yard gnome.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Becca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2016 at 7:26pm
I don't have a yard gnome but I have to comment about that huge wall mural.  Is that a pic of the first horse skateboard? Or skate?
1947 Willys CJ-2A
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2016 at 7:35pm
IMHO, the horse can see the Little Jeep as its replacement, and is "Stomping it Out"

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2016 at 8:11pm
If only the red car was under the hooves, we might be rid of another "road lice" car. The only thing I like about rodeos is when they run the shuttle service from Denver to Cheyenne for the rodeo using the old steam locomotive, UP 3985. That could be a hint to the next person.
uncamonkey
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2016 at 2:48am
Since you all loved the red Honda so much, I sent the horse mural picture to my pro photographer brother-in-law and he touched it up for me. He did three versions.

Regular

Vintage

Black and white

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2016 at 3:50am
Ok, now can he back up the jeep and make it stand up on the rear wheels like the horse?
Jme0214 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jme0214 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2016 at 6:12pm
That would be amazing, Joe.

I think because of the really nice shots and the fact that nobody else posted yet Stan picks the next topic?
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2016 at 6:20pm
I'm still holding out for your jeep and a yard gnome. If nobody comes through over the weekend I'll pick a different topic.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Jme0214 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jme0214 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2016 at 6:22pm
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see you already picked
Jme0214 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jme0214 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2016 at 1:44am
I think it might be time for a new topic, even though a gnome would've been interesting. It's been 5 days.
Freedom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2016 at 5:43pm
Dang, I've got a Jeep and we've got a Gnome but they aren't in the same location and the Jeep doesn't currently have a motor in it...  Cry
09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416
Jme0214 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jme0214 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2016 at 5:46pm
You can maybe switch it up and put "your gnome next to a jeep"
Freedom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2016 at 5:48pm
I'll try to get this done, but if the current winner wants to change the hunt, that's cool too.  Not sure how soon I'll get over there.
09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 19>