Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb. 2018 at 5:35pm
Excellent!!  Looks like next hunt is your call....
09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416
Nothing Special View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Special Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb. 2018 at 6:06pm
Not current pictures (the "kid" in them is now 23), and neither show both the kid and the Jeep very well (plus it's a CJ5, not a real Jeep).  But I'll try to play anyway, I just know that I can't win if I cheat like this.

Bob

Flatfender wannabe
'71 Ford Bronco
Jerry45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb. 2018 at 8:49pm
My Grandsons driving Woody!

1945 CJ-2A #11802
1950? Szekley Navy APU Jeep
Bantum BTC-3 Trailer

"They can have my Jeep when they pry it from my cold, dead hands."
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb. 2018 at 9:21pm
Dandjeep beat us to it LOL

I took off at lunchtime today,   to drive by my grand-daughter's daycare for a photo.   Had to take a drive in this high 70's February weather. Shocked

Here she is getting ready to take a few friends for a ride.

WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2018 at 4:07am
Originally posted by Nothing Special Nothing Special wrote:

Not current pictures (the "kid" in them is now 23), and neither show both the kid and the Jeep very well (plus it's a CJ5, not a real Jeep).  But I'll try to play anyway, I just know that I can't win if I cheat like this.

Your turn Bob, It sure is good to see all these future jeepers.

Jim   
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2018 at 1:45pm
Nice Pics guys!! Thumbs Up
Nothing Special View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Special Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2018 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by WeeWilly WeeWilly wrote:

Your turn Bob, It sure is good to see all these future jeepers.

Jim   

Unfortunately this son seems to have sort of lost interest in driving off-road.  He still went on our fifth "last family vacation" last year to the Black Hills, but he was content to just ride.  His younger brother (now 21) is getting into it though, and is planning on either building his Cherokee into a rock crawler or else getting an open Jeep to build up (but probably a much newer vehicle that this forum).

On the 5 "last family vacations", several years ago we realized that our oldest was heading off to college, so that summer was likely to be the last chance we had for a vacation with our entire family, so we tried to make it a good one (Black Hills and Yellowstone).  The next year he decided to come back to join us so we had a 2nd last family vacation.  And that keeps happening.  He's now out of college and on to his own apartment and job but still went with us last summer.  And our younger son (who is graduating from college this spring) joins us too.

A friend of mine had his college-aged daughter along on vacation recently.  When he asked her if she wanted to go she said "Sure, you guys aren't too bad to be around and you pay for everything."  That's pretty high praise from a college-aged millennial!
Bob

Flatfender wannabe
'71 Ford Bronco
Freedom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2018 at 4:48pm
Wow, looks like the Scavenger Hunt is dying off.  Should we get this thing kick-started again?  Anybody still interested?
09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2018 at 6:10pm
  I thought of it yesterday, and wondered how long it's been......  Seems like it could be fun, but if it won't go, it won't go.  
  You brought it up Wink, pick a subject and let's see what happens. Or, what was the last subject?   BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
48willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2018 at 12:30pm
I think the original subject has been done, a new subject needs to be started. How about something simple to get things rolling again . I was thinking.. " at the local watering hole" , ice cream shop, bar, or favorite local diner would work.
1946 cj2a #28680
1948 chevy 3800 thriftmaster
1946-50's cj2a-3a farm jeep
1993 yj, aka the yj7
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2018 at 12:47pm
Okay, didn't know the rules - I'll be watching..............

Edited by tumbleweed - 31 Aug. 2018 at 12:13pm
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2018 at 2:09pm
What a nice picture and a great memory George!  My understanding of this thread is that we're supposed to take the picture after the challenge is announced, the point being to make new memories and adventures.  I could be wrong, does anyone have a strong opinion or the definitive word?  I'm looking forward to this picking up again.
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
Freedom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2018 at 2:17pm
That is the intention.   Wink
09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2018 at 2:46am
Originally posted by 48willys 48willys wrote:

. I was thinking.. " at the local watering hole" , ice cream shop, bar, or favorite local diner would work.
    Is that what where doing now? If so This is old bar (great Mex food) in Grand Haven MI on the coast of Lake MI. If you when straight thru the light you'ld end up in the channel. My first choice was the Bil Mar on the lake but it got sold! Joe W
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2018 at 4:03am
OK. Well, I had an idea, and was going out to take a pic tomorrow if nothing happened before then. So, as I understand it, you get to name the next subject, Joe. Nice pic, by the way.  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2018 at 7:01am
Just my opinion,  but I also think the photos should be taken after the subject is announced. . .  It is more of a "hunt"  and fun to think about how to get a killer photo.  
But it is not always possible to get out and do it,  before someone else does.   . .   The owner of first photo should probably get to choose next subject,  but that should not prevent anyone else from posting an example of an expired subject. Smile  We all want to see photos!

ie. I am sure we would all like to see Bruce W's concept.

Would anyone be opposed to posting photos about a subject,  even though we have moved on to another?  

I also think Tumbleweed,  you should put your photo back into previous post, even if it does not qualify for the "after" rule.  . .  It is a great photo. . .   to be enjoyed by all !!
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2018 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by JeepFever JeepFever wrote:

Just my opinion,  but that should not prevent anyone else from posting an example of an expired subject. Smile  We all want to see photos!

ie. I am sure we would all like to see Bruce W's concept.
I agree with all that JeepFever especially the part about Bruce W idea, went back and looked at Freedom 21's original post first one to post wins, but that prevents people from posting pic's on that subject, and to me that's the best part is seeing the pic's from all over the world! Like Tumbleweed's pic. If I'm supposed to pic the next topic I'd like to hear Bruce W idea! Joe W
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2018 at 12:32pm
I'll play - whats the next topic?
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>