Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grill Welt pliers tool program.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mickeykelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grill Welt pliers tool program.
    Posted: 26 Apr. 2022 at 10:12am
Probably, unless the person who had them last decides to wake up and realize they are the problem and post here so we know where it stands.
mike in oregon View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike in oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2022 at 10:24pm
I guess this is a thing of the past???  

Edited by mike in oregon - 25 Apr. 2022 at 10:25pm
MIKE IN OREGON
President of Oregon Flat Fender Club.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oregon-Flat-Fender-Club/222864787838570

46 CJ2A 38007
46 CJ2A 79863
BANTAM T3-C 25314

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2022 at 10:10pm
And that’s a-shame. But it’s a people thing, unfortunately.
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2022 at 8:13pm
That is how it "should" work, but they are probably lost or forgotten laying on someone's tool bench.

Makes more sense to just make, or buy a set when you consider the cost of shipping to and from. 

Was a decent idea thought up by someone wanting to help others, but as Mark Twain said "No good deed goes unpunished".

If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2022 at 9:04pm
  What amazes me is that the next-to-the-last guy to use them doesn’t step up and say, “I sent them to so-and-so, he should have them.”
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
jhg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2022 at 8:28pm
Drat. I just put in a "free shipping" size order at Walcks. I could weld up my own though if I knew how to size the clinch block.
1948 cj2a. Rebuilt L-head, steering, T90, WO 636, steering, brake lines. So far.
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2022 at 8:21pm
  Yeah, that’s the way an “honor system” works today. Somebody just threw them in their toolbox or in the corner of the barn, and forgot about them. It actually lasted longer than I thought it would. Angry
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
jhg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2022 at 7:47pm
I guess it is a dead thread and abandoned program.
1948 cj2a. Rebuilt L-head, steering, T90, WO 636, steering, brake lines. So far.
jhg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar. 2022 at 9:44am
Is this still going on? Where be the pliers?
dasvis View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct. 2021 at 4:54am
I could use these if anyone is done with them.

Thanks!
1947 CJ2A #88659 "Rat Patrol"
1953 CJ3A #453-GB1 11266 "Black Beauty"
1964 Thunderbird convertible
..... & one of them moves under it's own power!!
Dr. B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2021 at 10:59pm
Could use the pliers if available. I’m planning on going to the Great Willys Picnic this coming weekend, possibly could meet up there. Thanks Gary.
bosshoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bosshoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2020 at 1:39am
I’m ready for pliers if a pair is available.
Chop chop
92889 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov. 2020 at 6:51am
I just made my own from a small piece of scrap. It only took a few minutes with a round file and two small tacks with the mig.
It’s not difficult to do and it worked great.

Sorry I can’t share. I already cut the block off of the pliers.

15 Field RCA
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2020 at 6:29pm
After looking at some of the pliers others have made I just decided to make my own set since I will need them again on the next project. 

So, no need for a loan of the tool. 
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2020 at 3:42pm
I would much prefer to send the tool back to the owner rather than having the responsibility of keeping up with it after use. There are too many people I don't necessarily know in and out of my shop, and I have had a few things come up missing over the years.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2020 at 2:55am
I can see one issue is like mentioned above that people need to post "I received from xxxx" and then "I’m finished and they are available ". But if that person isn’t a frequent visitor to the forum, then they have no way of knowing someone is looking for them, as just happened.  More expensive, but maybe better idea is not the "ring" method but the "spoke and hub". In other-words, always send it back to owner after use, especially if you don’t visit frequently or provide email and/or phone on the thread to contact. Just my thoughts. 
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep. 2020 at 5:41pm
I need to do this on my Jeep and just bought the welting and rivets.

If anyone is willing to loan me a set of pliers I will gladly pay the cost of postage, and promptly put them back in the mail soon as I finish with them.
1952M38A1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1952M38A1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep. 2020 at 5:06pm
Thought I did post it...

Here it is:
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2018 at 6:09pm Received the pliers set (Ryan's)  from Russ. Waiting on a couple of rivets to be shipped then I'm ready to ship it out to the next person that needs it.

Gary (DC).

Sorry, not on the forum very much since my jeep is complete so I really didn't see the postings on the pliers.
1952 M38A1 owned since 1990 and still working on it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>