Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how to run rear pto and front pto winch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robwkamm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to run rear pto and front pto winch
    Posted: 15 May 2016 at 7:15pm
hello, Im redoing my transmission soon. my jeep as the rear pto gear box on the back. can I run a front pto winch like the koenig? how do you hook it up. I do not have any winch parts but was thinking of doing it while its all apart.thanks for any advice.
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2016 at 7:30pm
It could be done if your creative enough!..... What you need is a twin stick pto, these offer rear pto and front pto for the winch, and hard to come by....

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
48Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2016 at 8:09pm
I was able to rig up both the winch and the pto off of a Ramsey Dual Output pto  http://48cj2a.com/PTOs.htm.  It has a single shifter but twin outputs.  It required shortening the read pto driveshaft.  To run the pto I just leave the winch in neutral. 
Steve
1948 CJ 2a
robwkamm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robwkamm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2016 at 11:26pm
thanks 48steve . the site explains it all   do you think it would fit with a side lever trans?
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 12:07am
Originally posted by 48Steve 48Steve wrote:

I was able to rig up both the winch and the pto off of a Ramsey Dual Output pto  http://48cj2a.com/PTOs.htm.  It has a single shifter but twin outputs.  It required shortening the read pto driveshaft.  To run the pto I just leave the winch in neutral. 

Yes that works, but, the chain in the box is not heavy enough to meet the demand of the rear pto if used as designed for operating equipment.

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
 Post Reply Post Reply