Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Willys Jeep CJ2A -46 project | Governor things

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2018 at 1:06am
Hey PLO, I see we both joined the form on the same date, and got them on the road at about the same time, that's about where the similarity ends. Admire your attention to detail, the engine bay looks show quality, and I can't get over the seat backs--looks like a black mirror. Beautiful job! Joe W
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
mkoloc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkoloc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2018 at 5:37am
Joe, the engine bay is "SWEET"  and the copper line from the oil filter is a nice touch.
LTC Mark Koloc (USA-RET)
MVPA#31144
OEF Afghan 03-04
OEF Africa 05-07
OEF KFOR 08-09
WTB 09-11
1942 Ford GPW
43 M16A2 Half-Track w/44 M10      
Trlr
1943 M3 Sct Car
1947 CJ2A
Spinnas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spinnas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2018 at 7:15pm
Very nice, I like that color.
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2018 at 11:57pm
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that paints the bottom first then covers it. 
PLO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2018 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by nofender nofender wrote:

One of the nicest on the page! Well done. Congratulations! 

Thank you so much nofender!! I will enjoy this Willys for many years to come.

Originally posted by wadoyado wadoyado wrote:

Hey PLO, I see we both joined the form on the same date, and got them on the road at about the same time, that's about where the similarity ends. Admire your attention to detail, the engine bay looks show quality, and I can't get over the seat backs--looks like a black mirror. Beautiful job! Joe W

Funny you noted that we started our journey at the same time and so on.. Thank you! Im super happy with everything.

Ive read your whole project here and you have done a really nice job with your 48 also!! Keep up the good work.

Originally posted by mkoloc mkoloc wrote:

Joe, the engine bay is "SWEET"  and the copper line from the oil filter is a nice touch.

Thanks! Yeah I like that detail too.

Originally posted by Spinnas Spinnas wrote:

Very nice, I like that color.

Thanks Spinnas, its GM 113E

Originally posted by leecarr leecarr wrote:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that paints the bottom first then covers it. 

It was you I got the inspiration from, to do it like that. Worked out really well. Thanks!
PLO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2018 at 9:41pm
I just have to say that im totally blown away by so much positive feedback. Thank you all!!

I drove it about 60km today. MAN IT WAS FUN!!Big smile

And today I got my turn lights that I bought for a motorcycle I think it was, that I hoped to modify so it would fit my CJ2A. I will use the parking lights as turn lights. (the original parking lights are so expensive also..) So with a little mods on the glass, it went pretty well I think. Unfortunately I manage to get a crack on one of the glasses. But I can change that later. This cost me about 72$ instead of 200$

mkoloc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkoloc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2018 at 5:15am
Your light mods look great.  Seeing your frame data plate got me to wondering if anyone makes a duplicate?  Bubba cut my original off when he put a cow catcher bumper on my CJ.  Would like to get that replaced as part of my resto. Would it be possible to see a pic of your plate?
LTC Mark Koloc (USA-RET)
MVPA#31144
OEF Afghan 03-04
OEF Africa 05-07
OEF KFOR 08-09
WTB 09-11
1942 Ford GPW
Trlr
1943 M3 Sct Car
1947 CJ2A
1988YJ7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1988YJ7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2018 at 11:45pm
So it appears Sweden is the place to find a great CJ2a or 3a project!
I can't believe the condition of those frames.

And the paint job on the body is beautiful!
Matt Miller
PLO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2018 at 8:50am

Your light mods look great.  Seeing your frame data plate got me to wondering if anyone makes a duplicate?  Bubba cut my original off when he put a cow catcher bumper on my CJ.  Would like to get that replaced as part of my resto. Would it be possible to see a pic of your plate?

Thanks! I bought mine from Ebay. Here is how it looks like

Originally posted by 1988YJ7 1988YJ7 wrote:

So it appears Sweden is the place to find a great CJ2a or 3a project!
I can't believe the condition of those frames.

And the paint job on the body is beautiful!

Both frames I have is indeed in good condition. 

Thanks! Paintjob is done by me and my father in our garage. The result was well over my expectations.
PLO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2018 at 9:00am
Yesterday me and my friend was on a days ride in our Jeeps. Weather was great and no trouble on the way. Just pure fun.  

mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2018 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by PLO PLO wrote:

Just pure fun.  
Entirely the point!  Looks great Thumbs Up
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2018 at 12:51pm
Nothin better than it runs as good as it LOOKS! Joe W
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2018 at 2:19pm
Wow! You have a nice looking Jeep,work well done Thumbs Up
1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
mkoloc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkoloc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2018 at 1:38am
PLO, thank you for the pic of the frame dataplate !!
LTC Mark Koloc (USA-RET)
MVPA#31144
OEF Afghan 03-04
OEF Africa 05-07
OEF KFOR 08-09
WTB 09-11
1942 Ford GPW
Trlr
1943 M3 Sct Car
1947 CJ2A
PLO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2018 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by mbullism mbullism wrote:

Entirely the point!  Looks great Thumbs Up

Thanks mbullism!! Your jeep looks really nice, I like the blue color. 

Originally posted by wadoyado wadoyado wrote:

Nothin better than it runs as good as it LOOKS! Joe W

Thanks, its a nice feeling driving the jeep!

Originally posted by Gil Gil wrote:

Wow! You have a nice looking Jeep,work well done Thumbs Up

Thanks Gil! I like your cj2a mb tribute, you have done a truly amazing job on it!

PLO, thank you for the pic of the frame dataplate !!

No problem mkoloc! :)

PLO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2018 at 6:44pm
This weekend, of course ment some jeep driving.. Now its has rolled 437km since I got it running.

And discovered the first issue. Found a part from the carburetor on the intake, + I have seen some small oil leaks.. 

Bonus, one happy jeep owner Big smile
PLO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2018 at 6:22pm
Last weekend I had the jeep on exhibition at BAE Systems. It was a fun viewing, got a lot of attention from all ages. Now its on winter storage.

Edited by PLO - 17 Oct. 2018 at 6:30pm
Tartone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tartone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2018 at 7:17pm
Awesome looking jeep!  Just started my own project and hopefully I will get mine looking like yours over time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>