Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Restoring cj2a 59108 into mb tribute WWII

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 15>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2017 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Oilleaker1 Oilleaker1 wrote:

Looking good. Question: where is all the mess and paint overspray on your floors? John

John my fan is working pretty good,what I do is open a door on the opposite side to make a good draft,seem to be working pretty good.The overspray is all gone in little over a minute.You can see my MB grill in storage waiting to be installed.
Giles.

Edited by Gil - 14 Mar. 2017 at 5:01pm
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2017 at 8:39pm
I have a similar exhaust fan in my shop, the door between my garages is on a light spring and when I turn on the fan the air flow pulls the door open. When I turn off the fan the door closes by itself.
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar. 2017 at 4:03pm
I just had a new bushing made up for my brake paddle . Will take the play out of it.
cal.bar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal.bar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar. 2017 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Gil Gil wrote:

I just had a new bushing made up for my brake paddle . Will take the play out of it.

Hey Gil.  Do you mean the slop in the brake pedal left and right?  Mine seems to bounce between the clutch and the gas and actually nearly overlaps the gas pedal.  I'd love to get that slop out of mine.  Interested in the details on this bushing.
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar. 2017 at 12:53am
David the bushing I bought it at Prince Auto ,it like Harbour Freight. The bushing is 1" inside and 1 1/4" outside ,but the machine shop had to cut it down to 1 1/16" to have more meat on the brake pedal.The brake pedal was machine to have the bushing to fit right.$30.00 later a nice fit.

Edited by Gil - 23 Mar. 2017 at 4:12am
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar. 2017 at 1:13am
I had some little fun tonight ,started putting parts on the painted tub.
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar. 2017 at 12:26am
I started wiring my tub and what I can do before I install it to the chassis.
2t2-crash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2t2-crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar. 2017 at 2:30am
What wiring harness are you using?
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar. 2017 at 12:08pm
the transformation of that tub is nothing short of amazing....
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar. 2017 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by 2t2-crash 2t2-crash wrote:

What wiring harness are you using?

John I'm doing my own wiring harness,I'm going with a fuse panel and adding a black out light switch,panel light switch and I'm soldering all my connector and using shrink tube and I'm also using different colour wires for my harness ,it will make it easier to trace back if I have to.And thanks Andy for the comment on the tub.

Edited by Gil - 19 Mar. 2017 at 1:03am
2t2-crash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 2t2-crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar. 2017 at 6:25am
Man o man I love it! That's probably the same route I'm going to take. Mine will be 12V with an alternator (I had bad luck dealing with generators on my 67 Beetle). The PO used a junkyard fuse panel that I promptly junked along with the horribly mis-matched wiring they had put together.
What dude panel are you using?

I hope my tub turns out as well as yours because it is a work of art.
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar. 2017 at 11:24pm
John this is the fuse panel I'm using and I'm also using a single wire delco alternator.Thanks for the comment on my tub.
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2017 at 12:27am
My tub wiring is coming along real good and the dash is pretty much done.I'm using a speedometer from a 1943 MB.Its really a advantage when the tub is on it side for doing wiring and installing gauges,switches etc..It will be less work to do when the tub is on the chassis .
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2017 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by nofender nofender wrote:

the transformation of that tub is nothing short of amazing....
The tub the whole jeep for that matter, I like your ability to adapt what you need from other parts. Beautiful work! I curious why you decided to go with the 1 wire alt. as opposed to 3 wire with regulator. I've got that decision coming up would appreciate your imput. Also are you putting a grease fitting on the pedal? Thanks Joe Wadoyado
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2017 at 10:46pm
He probably hates voltage regulators as much as I do.
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar. 2017 at 1:12am
Joe I wanted to go 12 volts and I had nothing with the jeep ,no generator or regulator so when I went to look for an alternator ,the guy that runs the old starter/alternator shop said to go with one wire alternator it was the easiest way to go.He said that all I have to do is wire it to any live wire and it will charge,so now I'm going to wire it either to the live on the starter push switch or to the amp gauge.I'm also using a 12 volt coil with a build in resistor.For my brake pedal I took the pictures just when I arrived from the machine shop before I had the chance to install my grease nipple.
Thanks for your comments.

Edited by Gil - 25 Mar. 2017 at 1:31am
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2017 at 12:47am
While I had my tires off for balancing I redid all my brakes, I had done my brake job before I was on this forum.I thought that the small brake shoe was always on the front.It wasn't that big of a job it was just to take everything apart and reinstall properly.Everthing was already cleaned and greased .I hope it's done right this time.

The shoe the wrong way.

The shoe the right way.

Balancing my tires.

Installed weight on the front and back. Vintage balancing machine " Bulls Eye "

Edited by Gil - 01 Apr. 2017 at 4:56am
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr. 2017 at 4:05pm
Just a small update ,I painted the stars on both rear side panels.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 15>