Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VETERANS DAY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov. 2018 at 3:01am
Unkamonkey:  Being decent to a neighbor is quite different from honoring the military service of someone whose army overran most of Europe and part of North Africa, and abetted the extermination of 6 million innocent people (while killing millions more). Your neighbor was lucky to end up living in the U.S. The neighbor's purpose in uniform was the opposite of the American GI's.
CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov. 2018 at 3:10am
Originally posted by LuzonRed47 LuzonRed47 wrote:

Unkamonkey:  Being decent to a neighbor is quite different from honoring the military service of someone whose army overran most of Europe and part of North Africa, and abetted the extermination of 6 million innocent people (while killing millions more). Your neighbor was lucky to end up living in the U.S. The neighbor's purpose in uniform was the opposite of the American GI's.

That post is over years old...very inappropriate response to the purpose of this thread and what its intent was today. Shame on you...
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
snave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov. 2018 at 3:38am
On these pages we all Love our little Jeeps. To some of us they are our own little link to history we were too young to be part of. Just as Jeeps lineage can be traced through many wars since, so can our vets. 
Our Jeeps trace their history from WW2, but our vets go back decades before. 
So why we continue to let our Jeeps be our conduit to victory lets not forget those who went before and after these 'rugged little soldiers". 
From Sue and I here in the safety of our own little Missouri home, THANK YOU  for your willingness to serve and for looking danger in the face for all of us! 
God Bless you on not only one day a year but for every day we have our freedom. 

Fuzz and Sue
Fuzz
LuzonRed47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov. 2018 at 1:56am
Art, my mistake for replying to an old post. But I stand by my comment. To honor anyone who served under the swastika in WWII dishonors the millions who died under their brutality. I'll state this on Veteran's Day to honor the man standing next to the 2A with the striped plow on the left--my late dad, a WWII Navy combat vet whose opinion on this subject was same as mine. Enough said.
CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253
timcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov. 2018 at 5:57am
Thanks Dad!!
1946 CJ2A #69376

Chula Vista, CA

Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov. 2018 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by LuzonRed47 LuzonRed47 wrote:

Art, my mistake for replying to an old post. But I stand by my comment. To honor anyone who served under the swastika in WWII dishonors the millions who died under their brutality. I'll state this on Veteran's Day to honor the man standing next to the 2A with the striped plow on the left--my late dad, a WWII Navy combat vet whose opinion on this subject was same as mine. Enough said.

It was not his idea to join the army, it involved two guys with guns pointed at him that said that if he didn't enlist they would shoot him on the spot. He was a cook. His father got sent back to Russia. Nobody knows where he is buried. They were in the Netherlands and got the call to head back to Berlin. The driver disabled the truck and said they would catch up. "Boys, throw your guns in the ditch and we will wait here until they gather us up".     
uncamonkey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12