Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Christmas decorations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec. 2016 at 11:47am
Coool!  Cool
WillysWally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillysWally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2020 at 4:35pm
Good Morning Everyone:

I am not sure whether this is the right area to post this, or whether it has been posted on the 2A Forum before.  While this is also not about a Christmas Decoration.  But it is about a Christmas tradition. 

Yesterday my wife and I watched the movie Miracle On 34th Street, starring Maureen O'hara.  During the opening part of the movie there are several scenes showing the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York.  According to O'hara's running commentary on the special edition of the DVD, those scenes were shot during the actual parade.  So the cameras were rolling during and capturing all of the normal parade preparations.  It was also the colorized version. 

During the scenes involving the original Macy's drunken, float Santa, you can see the front clip of one or more CJ2A's.  Not much detail there.  One of those appears to be a darker red, possibly Luzon.  However, toward the end of that series of scenes with the drunk, what appears to be a brand new Pasture Green CJ2A puling a float, drives ever so briefly right in front of the camera with a great full length side view.  Of note was the fact that the spare tire rim, sans the tire was on the spare tire carrier on the right side.  It also appears that there is no back seat.

Look for them the next time you watch the movie!

Regards,

Walter
Barry S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec. 2020 at 12:46am
So funny Walter!  We just watched that movie and I noticed the jeeps for the first time.  I think my wife just rolled her eyes as I kept pointing and saying "Look! Look!".

Merry Christmas!

-Barry 
1947 CJ2A 93664 "Grasshopper"
1947 CJ2A 90729
194? CJ2A 04893/194304
1946 CJ2A 46745
1946 CJ2A 36723
1945 MB   413665
1971 CJ5 8305017 375392 Drive train parts donor
Bantam Trailer T3-C 25487
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12