Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Project Zupan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar. 2017 at 10:33pm
Very nice work on the rear corners, It has me thinking there must be a jeep gremlin that goes around to all jeeps and bashes in the rear corners , I don't think I have seen one with perfect rear yet   
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2017 at 12:02am
great metal work! 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2017 at 1:10am
Nice work on those side and rear panels.Keep up the good work and keep those pictures coming.

Giles
Skinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2017 at 2:54am

Getting more motivated.

Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2017 at 6:31am
Looking really good! Wish I had you around when I was doing my body work. Red tailgate; is that the color to be? It looked like original paint was Normandy blue or Pacific blue poly. What is the serial number on the data tag there on the firewall?
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2017 at 11:29am
Looking good!... just a taste of the finished product is such a tease :)
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2017 at 11:39am
Your results make me wish I was a bit more aggressive in repairing the rear driver corner. I'm happy with my results. But your repair is so much cleaner and straighter. Nice work!! 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
Skinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb. 2018 at 2:03am
BACK FROM THE DEAD. 

I finished my kitchen so it's time to get back on Zupan 
Skinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb. 2018 at 3:24pm
Using my new press...smooth as silk.  I am using dodge Durango springs and moving the center pin 4 inches towards the shackle eye. I don't want to stretch the rear wheel well I think I will just move the front forward 3 inches and call it good.  
Skinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2018 at 7:53pm
Here is an update...  I built a new frame, got the hat channel replaced, mounted the body, axles and tires... didnt like the gap behind the front tire so i am in the process of stretching the front end at the cowl... i intend to build a new hood then i can get the drive train in and start on all the small details. 
BGarth13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BGarth13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2018 at 8:39pm
Looks cool.  I can’t envision the cowl stretch but I’m sure it could work. 
At 6’6”, you might consider stretching the body at the “door” openings...add some inches here to make ingress/egress easier and gain some coveted leg room.  Think CJ7...
Looks like you’ve got the project handled nicely, just thought I’d throw out an observation 
Skinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2018 at 8:43pm
More...
Skinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2018 at 9:04pm
[QUOTE=BGarth13] 
At 6’6”, you might consider stretching the body at the “door” openings/QUOTE]

I never liked that look...  I am thin and fit very well in it as is... all I will do is make extra room for the gas pedal.
mikec4193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec4193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2018 at 9:55pm
Hey Skinny

Love that pic with the homebuilt frame up on the welding table...kinda sounds like you have done this a time or two before...looks awesome from here...

keep on digging

MikeC
I am the squirrel....
BGarth13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BGarth13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct. 2018 at 12:02am
Well I can envision it now!  Looks good.  I’ve never actually seen one stretched through the door openings...I’ll have to look it up. Still looks like you’ve got the project well in hand, keep it up!
Skinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct. 2018 at 1:26am
I built a Jeepster 20+ years ago... just taking this one in a nice direction to cruise some ColoRADo dirt roads 
Skinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov. 2018 at 8:28pm
Lots of parts picked from a couple junk yards today.

TJ Pedals
ZJ Pedal w/cable.
Astro Hydroboost and Master cylinder
225/231 exhaust manifolds.
"76" series saginaw steering box.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12