Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Northern Colorado Mountain Run July 19-23, 2017
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Northern Colorado Mountain Run July 19-23, 2017 - Event Date: 19 July 2017 - 23 July 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 15>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 2:09am
It's nice that everybody had a good time up there. I spent many years there in a 1955 Pontiac or a 1962 Suburban. My fathers old stomping grounds. 4 people chugging along in a stock MB later?
uncamonkey
Tiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 3:46am
Maynard you done good! Great time great people great places and it's  in our backyard. Can't wait until September. 
48CJ2A
Tiny
stude-a-willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stude-a-willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 4:53am
Bruce performs "live testing" of a stream crossing's depth and bottom conditions. It turned out to be no big deal. There were deeper holes ahead.
Studebaker re-powered CJ2a
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 5:16am
Everywhere I looked, Sheep Creek was running higher than normal. I was expecting some headlight-deep water. Kind of a disappointment. We did find some bumper-deep water later on, and some headlight-washing water, but Tiny was the only one who crossed it - and he did it twice!   BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Icegrinder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icegrinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 5:25am
Bruce thanks for a great time ,job well done, old memories stured up with all these trails and shared with great people. Old Jeep s still bring a smile. Not sure who's smile was bigger Tiny or the girls. Looking forward to the next run . Joe
1949 Hard to be Green
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 6:30am
Thank you too, Joe, for helping me out when I got "confused" (seems to happen more often these days)Wink. That one fooled all three of us though, me, you, and Tiny.
  It was a delight to watch those two girls run and play, I wish I had their energy. It's good to see young people enjoying and learning about the outdoors, and jeeps.
  RRLo was fun too. He was always on the move, and you couldn't ask for a better-behaved dog. Did anyone get any pictures of RRLo?  BW

Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 12:31pm
RRlo would stop by to see you in the AM, and PM to satisfy himself that you were OK. What a pal ! John was telling me how he loves the water. He can run off a dock without hesitation after a stick or ball. I think we adopted him, and he adopted us. Makes me smile. Oilly
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 2:25pm
I love water crossings!

Did the majority of the folks set up tents for camp?
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by tumbleweed tumbleweed wrote:

I love water crossings!

Did the majority of the folks set up tents for camp?

Only two tents were set up.  The rest of the folks stayed in trailers or pickup campers.  Most of the trailers were car haulers with some conversion to toy hauler. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 3:30pm
Thank you Mr. Studewillys for the pictures.  It looks like your Friday lunch break was on a golf course!  I was reminded that in Bruce's part of the world we can roll down a tree lined trail near a stream, turn a corner and see a vista without end.  What a fortunate group to grab hold of these opportunities.  I missed being there, a whole lot, and I hope more pics will be posted. 

P.S. Steve, did Studewillys ever find his kin?
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
Icegrinder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icegrinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 4:06pm
1949 Hard to be Green
mickeykelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 8:53pm
I've enjoyed trolling the thread, but I've got a question.  I got to this site because of my Bantam T3C but now frequent it.  As far a jeep, we've got a stock 58 CJ5.  We will be moving to semi-retire to Durango in the next year to 2. Are CJ5's welcome on this run?  Seems like the 2a folks do these type of things, but the wife and I are interested in trying some. Or would we be the ostracized oddball step children?
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 10:41pm
I suppose you are OK. They let me on here with my 1961 3B and a 1969 Commando after I was kicked off of the ECJ5 Page because they wanted to accuse me of being a racist and a bigot. Like the old Groucho Marx line. "I wouldn't belong to a club that would have me"
Their loss.
uncamonkey
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2017 at 1:25am
Even tho we are based on the CJ2-A Page and call ourselves the Colorado FlatFender Club, we don't exclude anyone because they do not have flat fenders. We have a couple that runs with us on a regular basis in an early CJ5 (what's the difference between a CJ3B and an early CJ5, anyway?), and there was a TJ that ran with us one day last week on the NMR. When we line up the jeeps for a picture, they usually park on the far end of the line, or excuse themselves from the picture. Nobody has ever asked them to do that, they just do it. Before the TJ left the other day, I heard that the couple were already asking around about a flatfender to buy. You will be welcome, on my run for sure, and on others, I'd bet on it.  BW

athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2017 at 1:45am
I'm sorry to have missed this trip. Looks like I missed another stellar NMR and more good times with real good folk.

Hawk
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2017 at 1:55am
We're sorry you missed it too, Hawk.  Unhappy  BW

mickeykelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2017 at 2:15am
Good to hear we won't be roasted on the spit for dinner. We've been talking about doing these once we get relocated. In the mean time, I'll just have to live vicariously thru the pic and video postings while I suffer this central Texas inferno called summer. 
Tiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2017 at 2:18am
Hope you can make FCT.
48CJ2A
Tiny
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 15>