Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Northern Colorado Mountain Run July 19-23, 2017
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Northern Colorado Mountain Run July 19-23, 2017 - Event Date: 19 July 2017 - 23 July 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 15>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe IA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2017 at 11:11pm
Bruce,
Do you have GPS coordinates for the new campsite that I have missed?

Joe
1948 CJ2A "Norm"
1967 M715 "Buttugly"
2014 Ram 3500
2019Jeep Grand Cherokee

Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2017 at 3:09am
Joe, The "new", decimal (Say "metric") BS coordinates are: Lat: 40.935983N, Lon: 105.741587W. This is the middle of the road at the turn-off to the campsite.
  The "real", old-skool map coordinates are:  Lat: 40* 56' 10"N, Lon: 105* 44' 30"W.
  Unless you are the very first one there, you should be able to see others in camp from the road, and there will be a sign at the road. If you're coming up from the Laramie River Road (103), the camp will be (IIRR) near the top of a hill, just after a cattle-guard. Please tell the guard hello and offer him a cold beer.   BW

edit to add: Mike says that the address: 35350 Sand Creek Road, Red Feather Lakes, CO  works in MapQuest, but not in Google Maps. We also have a picture of the campsite/road/turn-off:

The cattle-guard is just out of sight on the left, the direction you will be coming from if you come up from 103.   BW

Edited by Bruce W - 14 July 2017 at 3:33am
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Red Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2017 at 4:16am
I have found 34500 Sand Creek Rd pulls it up on Google Maps
Glen
49 CJ3A
Wrongway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrongway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2017 at 5:39am
Yes for John and Linda Tuesday afternoon. 
 Hey Oilleaker what time are you leaving town?
We hope to be on the road around 5am or so

49 CJ3A - Dauntless V6 -Sold
56 Wagon Buick V6 -Sold
49 CJ3A Custom Rock Crawler -Sold
58 FC170 350 Chev,snow plow -Sold
48 CJ2A 206401 Original and keeping it that way !!! Current   

Wrongway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrongway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2017 at 6:13am
Watching the fire danger /weather for next week. Not sure on lighting up my cooker as it takes charcoal and its a little more exposed than a regular grill.
 So "to turkey or not to turkey that is the question" 
It may be a last minute decision folks
49 CJ3A - Dauntless V6 -Sold
56 Wagon Buick V6 -Sold
49 CJ3A Custom Rock Crawler -Sold
58 FC170 350 Chev,snow plow -Sold
48 CJ2A 206401 Original and keeping it that way !!! Current   

Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2017 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Wrongway Wrongway wrote:

Yes for John and Linda Tuesday afternoon. 
 Hey Oilleaker what time are you leaving town?
We hope to be on the road around 5am or so

sent you a PM John!
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Joe IA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe IA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2017 at 12:54pm
Thanks Bruce.

It should look familiar when I get there.

Joe
1948 CJ2A "Norm"
1967 M715 "Buttugly"
2014 Ram 3500
2019Jeep Grand Cherokee

Joe IA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe IA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2017 at 12:57pm
Oh, I forgot to add.

Is the cattle guard supposed to drink while he's on the job?
1948 CJ2A "Norm"
1967 M715 "Buttugly"
2014 Ram 3500
2019Jeep Grand Cherokee

Red Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2017 at 1:08pm
That Cattle Guard is going to have a good Tuesday if we all drop off beer Wink
Glen
49 CJ3A
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2017 at 1:18pm
I predict allot of Cattle Guards!Beer
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2017 at 2:00pm
Here is the Google view of the turnoff to our camp site from 80C.   Our camp will be in the trees to the right side of the meadow a couple hundred yards from the main road.   If that post in the photo that's left of the camp road is still there, we may have to tie some plastic flagging to it to catch everyone's attention.  If you look at the top of the photo (screen capture) you'll see the google address for this location, and their GPS coordinates.  I'm going to try this address in my Garmin GPS to see if I get anywhere close to here. 

M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2017 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Wrongway Wrongway wrote:

Watching the fire danger /weather for next week. Not sure on lighting up my cooker as it takes charcoal and its a little more exposed than a regular grill.
 So "to turkey or not to turkey that is the question" 
It may be a last minute decision folks

John, I'd say bring it all and be prepared to cook it.  I looked at the forecast for next week and we may get some rain Weds, Thu, and Friday.  That'll drop the fire danger if we do get rain.  Can you cook it on a large gas burner?  I've got a 8" burner that we're bringing. 

It looks like we'll probably (50%+) see rain Weds and Thursday.  Possibly on Friday.  Partly cloudy Tuesday and Saturday.  Sunny on Sunday.  Temps will be high 70's for highs, and low 40's for lows.  We may see temps into the 30's Thursday and Friday morning.  Not shorts weather for breakfast.  Shocked  I will see if I can get the times and frequency for the Arapahoe-Roosevelt NF fire weather forecasts so we can stay on top of the weather. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2017 at 6:35pm
 I just got back from that BS - er, I mean, FS website that I love so much. I found that we do now have a restriction on fires. No fires, including charcoal grilles. I've been on that website every day, checking, and today is the first time I've seen a restriction. The order was issued Tuesday morning.Angry
  I have a propane burner (actually the pot too) from a turkey fryer that I use for the Rock Soup and other things (I don't do turkeys thoWink). Can we use that for your turkey?
  According to the website, Green Ridge Trail is still closed. If they open it, I wouldn't be surprised if they open it this weekend or Monday, and post it as open on the website along about Thursday or Friday.  BW

aboyandhisdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aboyandhisdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2017 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Bruce W Bruce W wrote:

I just got back from that BS - er, I mean, FS website that I love so much. I found that we do now have a restriction on fires. No fires, including charcoal grilles. I've been on that website every day, checking, and today is the first time I've seen a restriction. The order was issued Tuesday morning.Angry
   BW

Actually, our county commissioners placed the fire restriction for the county at their Monday night meeting (may have been Tues. AM).  No end date stipulated as far as I know at this time.  The mts. got a bit of rain this week, but more hot and dry on the way. 
Tom
1949 CJ3A

V8 Willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V8 Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2017 at 2:51am
For those that do not have 22 caliber firearms and would like to try some, i am bringing pistols and rifles along for you to use, all i ask is that you provide your own ammunition, high velocity is the best, 1 to whatever you feel like shooting. Be sure to have hearing protection and safety glasses. 
stude-a-willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stude-a-willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2017 at 4:32am
yes. Thursday. Don't wait for me. Maybe leave me a note or just let me use my Indian tracker skills.
I will try to have all my ducks in a row so I can head out early Thursday am. Maybe I can get there before you go.

Will bring 22lr stuff including steel, paper for self healing target.

Studebaker re-powered CJ2a
Johnnygeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnnygeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2017 at 2:40pm
Hello Bruce and All,
Sadly (especially after seeing photos and hearing shootin' talk!) I realized this morning I am not gonna make it.  Jeeps a go but too much other stuff piling up that I need to do.  It's hell being retired!CryCryDead
Johnny
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2017 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Johnnygeep Johnnygeep wrote:

Hello Bruce and All,
It's hell being retired!CryCryDead
Johnny
Boy, you got that right! Wink           BW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 15>