Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colorado Fall Color Tours 2017!! - Event Date: 17 Sep. 2017 - 23 Sep. 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 40>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fred Coldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep. 2017 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by aboyandhisdog aboyandhisdog wrote:

Fred, bring some extra copies and put me down for one of each - well, AFTER the raffle that is.WinkLOL

Tom;

I'll bring plenty of extra books for those raffle winners who redeem their tickets on other prizes, and for those whose numerous raffle tickets did not have all the right numerals on them.  LOL  See you and everyone else in one too-long week!
Happy Jeep Trails,

Fred Coldwell
Denver, CO
1944 CJ2-09 - X-33
1945 CJ2-26 - X-50

mriceflinter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mriceflinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep. 2017 at 10:12pm
Mike, Well I brought the 2a in to replace a rear axle seal that was leaking and to grease all those zerks before the FCT. Wouldn't you know it I had a coolant leak! Fortunately Orileys here in town can get me a water pump tomorrow  so I am good and will be ready to head your way in a few days. Glad you suggested the thorough check up or I may not have found the water pump leak. Now did I miss anything else! Thanks Mike 
mriceflinter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mriceflinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep. 2017 at 10:16pm
Almost forgot but I had 30 zerks on the 2a!
JeepRobbins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepRobbins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2017 at 3:22am
Mike, Diane & I will be checking in with you hopefully Saturday afternoon.  I hope to get there in time to help you with your area prep. Got our 2A primed and ready for the trails we didn't see last year. Thanks for hosting this another year.  Jim
JeepRobbins
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2017 at 12:40pm
mriceflinter, thank you for following my advice.  We don't usually stock water pumps in our trail spare parts collection.  I'm glad you're getting it done before you get here.  And 30 zerks?!  We'll have to compare jeeps to see if I missed a couple on mine.  I hope everyone else is paying attention and crawling under your jeeps to see what else needs maintenance or repair. 

Jeeprobbins, thanks for coming a bit early to help with the preparations.  Seems like each year I've got more to do to get ready.  This year, with many thanks to Ray, we've got a pavillion tent to set up so we'll have more room to sit and eat for our Thursday evening pot luck banquet.  I've still got a parts jeep and a stock trailer to move, lawn to mow, septic to pump, portable toilets to place, clean the bar-b-que room under the deck, finish repairing Sam's jeep, continue fixing the Blue Mule, clean up the shop, haul the next load of trash to the dump, and still take time to relax with a beer. Beer

Nancy and I did a midnight recovery mission to haul Traci's new/used "Tater" Jeep to the Thirsty Dirt Ranch on Sunday night.  Now she's got to put new tires on it before it'll be ready for the trails.  That and outfit it with tools and parts.  Why is it called "Tater"?  Because it's a Tater (potato) salad of at least 4 kinds of jeeps all mixed together.

Ron came over last evening to help me with Sam's carb problems.  We found the leaking problem quickly.  It was a missing screw and seal.  But it still wasn't running smoothly so we took it apart and found the throttle plunger was dried out and not sealing well.  As a result, there was a hesitation when I would try to accelerate.  We've got a new one coming today.  And today I hope to finish getting the locking hubs mounted on Sam's jeep.  And thanks to some miscommunication with my county clerk's office, and the subsequent mistake by the state DMV, I won't have a license on Sam's Jeep for this year's tours.  Good story for telling over a beer. 

Edited by m38mike - 12 Sep. 2017 at 12:58pm
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
SlickWilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlickWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2017 at 4:33pm
Thanks so much for retrieving Tater from Corey. Tater had a long trip from Tennessee to Colorado. He got to see a lot of the country.

I have a truck full of tires, tools, parts etc that will be heading over with me this week. Just wish I had 3 more days to get stuff done.

Nancy and I did a midnight recovery mission to haul Traci's new/used "Tater" Jeep to the Thirsty Dirt Ranch on Sunday night.  Now she's got to put new tires on it before it'll be ready for the trails.  That and outfit it with tools and parts.  Why is it called "Tater"?  Because it's a Tater (potato) salad of at least 4 kinds of jeeps all mixed together.

[/QUOTE]
Traci and TaterJeep
Owner of Gone-Gpn Media
Freelance
Writer/Photographer
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2017 at 5:12pm
Tater? More like Tater Salad...
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2017 at 5:15pm
I thought I'd better repost the schedule for next week, just to remind folks of the rides we're doing each day.

Here is the schedule for the week:

Sun 17 - Ron - Browns Creek and Grandfather tree
Mon 18 - Mike - Mt. Antero
               Bruce - South Cottonwood
Tue 19 - Mike - Marshall Pass
              Ron - 2-day Taylor Park trip (early start, need overnight gear)
Wed 20 - Mike - Boss Lake
               Bruce - Mt Princeton
               Ron - 2-day Taylor Park trip
Thu 21 - Mike -  Buffalo Peaks
               Ron - Hancock/Tomichi/Tincup Passes
Fri 22 - Mike - Aspen Ridge north
             Bruce - Aspen Ridge south
Sat 23 - Mike - mystery trip ???
              Bruce - 4-Mile Loop
Sun 24 - Ron - Saint Elmo. 

Here's a description of each route:

Browns Creek; easy riding, only one mile of low range, nice views, no high elevations, start about 1:00pm
Mt. Antero; moderate difficulty, lots of stone in roadway, high elevation (13,000 ft), switchbacks
South Cottonwood; moderate difficulty, steep grades, high elevation (12,000+), narrow road
Marshall Pass; easy, broad views, 2 miles of moderately rough downhill, lots of aspen
2-day Taylor Park; high adventure, rough trails, grand scenery, overnight
Boss Lake; new trail, part highway part steep rocky road, leads to high alpine lake
Mt. Princeton; easy road, steep grades, steep alpine sidehill, grand view, Bristlecone Lodge at top
Buffalo Peaks; easy road, steep grades, mostly forested, old cabins along way
Hancock/Tomichi/Tincup; Moderate difficulty, rocky road, long day, high elevations 12,000+
Aspen Ridge; our signature ride, easy road, dusty, ghost town, lots of color, grand views, all day
Mystery trip?;  Ask Mike next week........
4-Mile Loop;  Easy to moderate road, whoop-de-doos, grand views, fun to drive
Saint Elmo; easy road up, hidden road down, ghost town, graveyard, morning only
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2017 at 6:38pm
WOW, I am missing a good trek this year Unhappy

The overnighter sounds great.

Looking forward to the pictures..............
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2017 at 7:36pm
I'm glad the weather looks good for you all. My haul truck goes in for a new clutch tomorrow and then a week from now, a new exhaust manifold, valve springs and seals, all in prep for a exhaust brake and larger 4 inch exhaust. The mountains of Colorado put it to my old Dodge in August.  (Dodge: Drips Oil and Gear Lube Everywhere) LOL

Hulett my '48 CJ2A is getting upgrades as well. 11 inch brakes all around, and a rebuilt transmission with a set of terraflex gears in the transfercase.  I'll miss you guys and I want you to have much fun for me. 

I look forward to Jeeping with you all again in the spring! We have miles to Jeep before we sleep! Wink
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2017 at 11:22pm
we will miss you and carol!  Look forward to seeing you on the trail soon.

Be sure to post that transfer case build with the teraflex gears!

1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
Tiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep. 2017 at 3:59am
Hey everybody, this is Tiny's daughter.
So Joe's (Ice Grinder) daughter and myself have made some Jeep shirts, hoodies, and some other things that we are going to sell at FCT. A portion of each sale is going to go back to Mike and Nancy for being the most amazing and selfless hosts. 
If you would like to have your item at FCT Dusti and I need to know ASAP and we will try to have them to you when i come up on Tuesday.

"I have miles to Jeep before I sleep"
"Jeep hair don't care"
"Keep calm and Jeep on"
"If she's a Jeeper she's a Keeper"
"Jeep life is the life"

Prices:
T-shirt (short sleeve) = $25.00
Long Sleeve shirt = $30.00
Hoodie = $35.00
Mugs = $15.00
Tumblers = $25.00
If you want any kind of customization (Jeep name, handle, ect.) add $5.00 - $10.00 to the price.

Shirt & Hoodie Colors:
Navy
Black
White
Light Gray
Dark Gary

Mug Colors:
Black White

Tumbler Colors:
Silver 
Teal 
Purple

To order anything please text me or e-mail me
970-631-3956
smurch292@gmail.com
smurch292@gmail.com

48CJ2A
Tiny
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep. 2017 at 5:13am
Sarah, this is cool!
  Put me down for two short-sleeve T-shirts, 2XL. First shirt, light gray "I Have Miles To Jeep Before I Sleep", like the blue one pictured.  Second shirt, black, "Keep Calm and Jeep On".
 Also put me down for a coffee mug, white, "I Have Miles to Jeep Before I Sleep"

Thanks!  Bruce

Edited by Bruce W - 13 Sep. 2017 at 5:15am
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Tiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep. 2017 at 5:35am
Thanks Bruce!!! Black or white text on the gray shirt?

48CJ2A
Tiny
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep. 2017 at 8:37am
White, I think.  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Tiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep. 2017 at 1:28pm
Sounds good.
48CJ2A
Tiny
ricco View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep. 2017 at 1:51pm
This might be a long winded request but I'll try anyway.  I would like to modify the first picture you have posted with the grill and fender logo.  Place that logo over the heart position, size appropriate, like on a pocket T but slightly larger.  Below the logo, in a semi-script font, my jeeps name..."Lumpy", to be no wider than the logo.  If you can add skinny tires and a bumper, that would be cool, but I'll take it with your current logo.
The OD colors you have on the first picture posted would be fine, Regular neck line, in a 2XL.  If this is too much, I understand...but, if you do take the challenge, post a proof here before production please.
PM me if you want to take it off this thread, I'll be happy to answer any cloudy wording from above!!  Thanks for doing this!!  Arick
She can dance a cajun rhythm....jump like a Willy's in four wheel drive...("Sugar Magnolia")

'48 CJ2A #204845 "Lumpy"
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep. 2017 at 3:37pm
I think this is the year that sponsorships are born for FCT.  First it was the raffle for Low's bows Big smile, then we got some steps added by aboyandhisdog Clap, then some books were included by Fred Thumbs Up, and now we have a custom clothing line by the "Daughter Duo" Handshake! And we've had a pavilion tent donated to expand our dining area for the pot luck dinner by Ray Star.  

What a great crowd we've collected!!  Nancy and I are enjoying the creativity and generosity that folks are showing here.  And we sincerely do appreciate the support to help us continue making the Colorado Flat Fender Club Fall Color Tours a memorable event for so many folks. 

And since we're talking about selling stuff, I had a question from and old friend and sometimes regular here for FCT; are we doing hats this year?   I realized I had not said anything on the forum about it.  And the answer is yes, we are doing hats this year.  I'm loosing sleep at night staying up stitching each of those little aspen leaves by hand onto the hats we have.  No, I'm just kidding.  My embroidery lady has done another wonderful job decorating ball caps with our logo and the year, just like in year's past.  In addition, we also have boonie hats in tan and green with our logo, but no year, on them.  I also have a limited number of boonie hats with the International Flat Fender Club (IFFC) logo on them.   Ball caps in black are $15, boonie hats are $25. 

Just a reminder that there is no fee for admission to this event.  We operate totally on good will and donations.  Your cost is limited to your food and fuel.  Plus raffle tickets.  And T-shirts.  Party

And speaking of donations, we put up my 16x16 wall tent for some folks who were going to join us, but cannot due to illness.  It was a bit of work to put it up so I'm leaving it up.  I'm offering it to house anyone who speaks up for it.  It's got 6 windows, and I can put a small wood burning stove in it to kill the chill in the morning.  Perfect for a group or family. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 40>