Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colorado Fall Color Tours 2017!! - Event Date: 17 Sep. 2017 - 23 Sep. 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 40>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2017 at 12:09am
Here is some drone footage that "Hawkeye" shot up on Mt Antero:

CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2017 at 12:53am
... more Antero:

MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Night0wl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2017 at 12:59am
Jeff,
Very cool, those things are amazing.  I like the aerial shot of the switchbacks.  Either I missed him or he was off on some trail somewhere instead of reporting, but it appears that the CJ2A Roaming Reporter has been replaced by a roaming flying machine reporter.Smile
Looks like you all had a wonderful time!
That pick of you and Bam-Bam up on the rocks was pretty sweet.

Night0wl
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" Jim Elliot
45 CJ-2A
My Project
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2017 at 1:41am
I just want to give my shout outs to Mike and Nancy for another wonderful FCT !!!!

It was very nice to see old friends, and to make new ones as well !!!!

Just want to share a pic of my "project", and to say that after the 7 years to restore, and the 4 since it's completion, that I was finally able to live a dream that I have had for several years, and that was to drive my '45 in the Rockies....

Here is a pic of her, next to Fred Coldwell's AgriJeep atop Mt. Princeton, my '45 chugged both up, and down that mountain without as much as one hiccup..... I am so pleased with her performance this week....

On a side note, Fred and I realized that my #10163 is only 194 units after his AgriJeep  :)

Edited by lowenuf - 25 Sep. 2017 at 1:44am
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2017 at 2:15am
Iron Chest Mine:

MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2017 at 2:59am
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2017 at 3:13am
This Bam Bam abuse is getting out of hand. 
Where's the video of the actual incident?
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2017 at 3:19am
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

This Bam Bam abuse is getting out of hand. 
Where's the video of the actual incident?
No video really,  I was just driving along and all of a sudden the rear fender well started growling and jumping up and down.  Somehow the tire must have picked, or kicked a rock and the tire just sucked it up
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2017 at 3:21am
Grizzly Lake:

MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2017 at 3:52am
Nice work fellas! 

Did Rick ever make it up that left side? 
Bam Bam handled it like he's been there before.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
1stgearhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1stgearhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2017 at 4:04am
Mike and Nancy --

Thank you again for hosting everyone at the FCT this year.  I had a great time for my first tour and hope to be able to return for many more to come.  Your hospitality is unparalleled and I really appreciate the help and expertise from everyone who attended.  Just wanted to include a shot that I took from the top of the ghost town on the way up to Aspen Ridge with Mike's group.  
jeephawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeephawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2017 at 4:09am
Rhonda and I would also like to thank Mike and Nancy for hosting an awesome week.  The rides were great, and getting to see friends and meet new friends made the week even better.  The amount of flat fender information available from many different sources was helpful as well.  I'm glad our children got to experience all the fun also.  We're already looking forward to next year!
Jeff
54cj3b
55 pu
56cj5
flatfender47 View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatfender47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2017 at 4:10am
We are home safe and sound.
Thank you Nancy and Mike for your hospitality, generosity, and the use of your property.
It's the people that make trips like these very memorable.
Oh, and the scenery is pretty awesome as well.

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2017 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

....Did Rick ever make it up that left side? ...
Somewhere Gus broke a front axle shaft which caused a severe handicap.  Probably could have made it if we forced the issue.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2017 at 4:39pm

..... I made it home yesterday morning in time for church.  What a gr8 adventure!  Since the new format, I have had as much fun the last two years as I had my very first year.  Spending the night up on Mt. Princeton was fun and exciting.  I loved the drive back down in the morning.  I have driven Princeton several times over the last 8 years, but at 7:00 in the morning, it is a different mountain.  

The Thursday loop was my favorite trail of the week.  We left at 8:00 am and didn't get back till 8:00 PM.  Tincup Pass to Tincup, then Napoleon Pass to Pitkin, then Hancock Pass back to St. Elmo.  I know we crossed the continental divide at least twice.

Missed a few regulars but saw some new faces.

Thanks to Ron and Amy for leading the Qwaaazy 8's on several adventure trails!

Thanks to Fuzz for for doing a gr8 job of spotting BAM BAM and me, and Brian for shooting the footage.... and thanks to the Evans family for adopting me through baptism at Grizzly Lake!

Thanks to Arick for traveling with me, wheeling with me, and being my wingman.

Thanks to Bruce for serving as trail boss and everyone who helped Mike and Nancy to prepare for last week.

Finally, thanks to Mike and Nancy for opening up their place to me, for bandaging me up when I tripped into their boat in the dark Embarrassed, for morning coffee and conversation, and for being my best friends! Hug

.... the jeep season is winding down.  Soon winter will be here and the memories will start pouring in my mind.  What a gr8 group of friends I have!  Let's always stay close!
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Icegrinder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icegrinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2017 at 6:11pm
A big thank you to MIKE and NANCY.  You are amazing hosts.  What amazing trails to be on.  Thanks for hosting this fun week.  It was nice to meet new friends and have such a relaxing week amongst Flat fender lovers and gain some knowledge. 
1949 Hard to be Green
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2017 at 7:36pm
I'm still on my way home so I can't post pictures yet, but I saw a spare tire cover on the way home that said it all.

It was a diagram of a Jeep, and it simply said something like, "Because your children won't remember 28.5 mpg"

These Jeeps are built to provide memories, adventures, and experiences.

Thanks for all 3 Mike and Nancy...
calndrman View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calndrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2017 at 8:01pm
Bonnie and Bruce would also like to thank Mike and Nancy for hosting this event. We enjoyed getting to know them and made many new friends. Thanks to Lew and Frankie for inviting us and making us aware of the FCT.  It was our first but won't be our last.
I have owned my 2A since 1989 and have done trails in the past but on a smaller and less spectacular scale. We invited my brother and sis in law to ride with us this year.  After I crunched my passenger side step on Thursday, my brother was a little upset. He asked why I would subject my Jeep to such rough treatment after I had spent so much time in restoration.  I reminded him of the old adage, "a ship is safe in the harbor but that is not what ships were made for." Jeeps were made for the trails, not cruising down the highway.  The bent step and rock chips in the tires will always be reminders of our first FCT trip!
Bruce
1949 2A
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 40>