Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New body prep

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 12:44am
Originally posted by leecarr leecarr wrote:

Originally posted by Mike S Mike S wrote:

Glove compartment? Did the tub come new like that?

Nice paint and body work, Lee.
Glove box is out of an M38,I put it in. Search for my post  Glovebox in a 2a.
Sorry, if you look for glove box you won't find it, it's under Glove compartment in a 2a in the modification section . I bumped it to the top if anyone wants to see it. 
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 12:39am
Getting ready to mount the body, gauges and dashboard wiring in, the friend of mine that owns this had a great idea of putting wing nuts to hold the gauges in, way easier than fumbling with tools where you can't see. Having the body on the lift is a real back saver when doing this kind work,we where able to raise it up and reach up through the transmission tunnel hole to do some of it while standing up. 
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 12:51am
I wish I had done what you are doing here. Wiring the tub separate from the chassis seems so much wiser.....and easier. 

Nice work - as always! 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 1:26am
Interesting Idea on the wing nuts. I am planning on stuffing my dash underside while the tub is still on the rotisserie allowing me to stand beside the dash while its in a vertical position. Making it much easier to do things.

Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2018 at 9:51pm
Body finally mounted on frame, all bolted down and bolted together. Wheels, seats and a few other small parts to paint. Almost there. 
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 7:37am
Love the blue!  The red levers on the Dualmatics is a nice touch!  Approve
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

Love the blue!  The red levers on the Dualmatics is a nice touch!  Approve
   X2 on the paint, are you testing us with the dash pic? It looks like the oil gauge is upsidedown? Or am I seeing things? Like the wing nut idea. Joe
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by wadoyado wadoyado wrote:

[QUOTE=Ol' Unreliable] Love the blue!  The red levers on the Dualmatics is a nice touch!  Approve
   X2 on the paint, are you testing us with the dash pic? It looks like the oil gauge is upsidedown? Or am I seeing things? Like the wing nut idea. Joe[/QUOTE
Wondering if someone would notice, just stuck it in the hole for the picture. It's not hooked up or fastened in yet, good eye. 
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2018 at 10:32pm
Going home for the finishing touches while I paint a few remaining bits and pieces. 
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2018 at 11:32pm
Nice thing about the blue and white paint choice the red highlights(like the hubs) IMHO look super sharp! By the way my Cuz has a "Burma Jeep" Looks all original except for no crane.(I wanted to swipe his military speedometer, but I'm too honest) Any Idea what there worth? Ballpark figure? Joe W
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2018 at 1:24am
The wheels are going sunset red,  this one has a repro military type speedo with the trip feature. I'm not sure what an original Burma jeep unit would be worth but I think it's the same used in other military vehicles. I think I have an M38 speedo if you're interested. 

Edited by leecarr - 30 July 2018 at 1:34am
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2018 at 3:59am
That's a beautiful blue Jeep, but those orange shocks just clash too much for my taste! 
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
mkoloc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkoloc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2018 at 5:57am
Like your throttle lever.  What is that off of? M37? M151?  Thinking about doing the same thing ...have a spare M151 throttle.
LTC Mark Koloc (USA-RET)
MVPA#31144
OEF Afghan 03-04
OEF Africa 05-07
OEF KFOR 08-09
WTB 09-11
1942 Ford GPW
43 M16A2 Half-Track w/44 M10      
Trlr
1943 M3 Sct Car
1947 CJ2A
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2018 at 12:05pm
The shocks are getting painted and the throttle is just a generic one from a parts store. 
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2018 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by leecarr leecarr wrote:

this one has a repro military type speedo with the trip feature. I'm not sure what an original Burma jeep unit would be worth but I think it's the same used in other military vehicles. I think I have an M38 speedo if you're interested. 
       I'm interested in a speedo with a trip meter that woks (use as a gas gauge) if it's not outrageously priced, the gauges in the Burma jeep looked like the same as the 482a. I was more trying to get an idea as to the value of the whole truck It was because of your post I was finally able to get some info on it, for some reason it wasn't listed in WW-2 military vehicles search I did. Thanks Joe W
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2018 at 2:49pm
I'm not sure if this one has the trip, I'll look but I know you can buy a new one . Not sure what the Burma jeep is worth, depends on the condition and how complete . I follow a Facebook group called "Barn Finds " there was one on there a couple of weeks ago but I can't remember the price. 
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2018 at 10:58pm
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2018 at 12:26am
Many thanks for the post leecar, Notice the speedo on the one on barnfinds looks like it would fit right in a cj2a? 2500$ doesn't seem too bad considering all the potential, and like you said "winch the size of a small car" My cuz's has been garage stored the past 35 yrs every time I go to his shop he'd ask If I found out anything on it I think he's looking to sell. Thanks again Joe W
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>