Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New body prep

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec. 2017 at 8:05pm
Wow, I'm starting to rethink how happy I am with my priming job! That looks great!
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec. 2017 at 12:50am
It never came out quite that good until I chucked the junk gun and started using the good one. Surprised me too. 
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec. 2017 at 1:21am
You get what you pay for! The cheap guns generally don’t put out enough material and you can’t buy different caps and nozzles for them. 
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec. 2017 at 10:55pm
And now I have to fix this. 

leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec. 2017 at 9:05pm
The holes line up a little better than they did, I made them smaller than they were too. I think the last thing I have to weld is the little bracket for the parking brake spring. 

leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec. 2017 at 2:53pm
Found a spring bracket, M38 hat channels are a little ruggeder than 2a. Sanding for last coat of primer on ext. and int.
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec. 2017 at 5:05pm
Ah man! Now you just reminded me I need to do this to my tub too. Bleh! The list never ends! I also need the parking brake spring bracket. Once you get yours in place would you mind sharing the location measurements? I dont have the bracket , but I will just make something out of some flat stock. Thanks! 

Originally posted by leecarr leecarr wrote:

The holes line up a little better than they did, I made them smaller than they were too. I think the last thing I have to weld is the little bracket for the parking brake spring. 

leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec. 2017 at 5:41pm
Which one do you want the measurements on? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec. 2017 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by leecarr leecarr wrote:

Which one do you want the measurements on? 

Just the e brake spring bracket location.  
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec. 2017 at 6:39pm
I'll get them for you.
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec. 2017 at 7:07pm
The hole in the bracket is 2 1/2" down from the bottom of the floor, 2 1/4" back from the front of the hat channel and +/- 5/8" over from the bend in the passenger side bend in the hat channel. It is on the passenger side and the hole is to the back.
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec. 2017 at 7:08pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec. 2017 at 7:25pm
Perfect! Thank you very much!
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 6:55pm
Everything going smooth until you realize that the second gallon of blue paint you have is the wrong color. Half a first coat, at least it's all sanded. 
mkoloc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkoloc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 1:34am
Your project has been fascinating reading .. I too have a new MDJ tub (built Aug 2017) and found it a bit of a challenge.  same issues with tank holes, even dry fit my body on the frame a couple of times to make sure stuff lined up before priming.  Found the hole cut out for the brake pedal to be way off also the accelorator pedal hole.  Unbelievable number of deep tooling marks and high spot weld tips (to much pressure when they welded = a little tip of metal) ...not getting my body as smooth as yours as I want a bit of the original "Toledo character" Wink . But it would have been way to rough if I had left it as it shipped.

LTC Mark Koloc (USA-RET)
MVPA#31144
OEF Afghan 03-04
OEF Africa 05-07
OEF KFOR 08-09
WTB 09-11
1942 Ford GPW
43 M16A2 Half-Track w/44 M10      
Trlr
1943 M3 Sct Car
1947 CJ2A
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 11:35pm
All depends on how fussy you want to be, once I get started I go too far. Got more paint today and will finish painting the bottom tomorrow night, keep me posted on how you're making out. 
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 12:01am
Got the bottom finished this time, next flip it and do the inside. 
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 6:12am
That looks nice enough to drive the Jeep upside-down!  Smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>