Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for Jeeps around KC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MooCow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for Jeeps around KC
    Posted: 18 July 2017 at 12:24am
Looking for jeep people in the Kansas City/Southern Missouri/ Northern Arkansas area.  I have only had my jeep going for a few years now and have not really meet to many people in the area.  I had a blast out in Colorado last fall with all the guys but would like to do that kind of thing a bit more often without driving 12 hours.  Let me know if anybody is interested is setting something up, not looking to start a club, just hang out with some local jeepers!
1949 CJ3A
47heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2017 at 12:43am
I'm in Lee's Summit. Any weekend is good for me
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2017 at 1:19am
Now yer cookin'
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2017 at 1:47am
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2017 at 3:27am
I live near Kearney, MO and usually go wheelin somewhere within a few hours of home about once a month except during the summer. We would be glad to have you join us or pick out somewhere to go and I will join you. You have a nice Jeep and make some awesome BBQ!  
blackjack12982 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackjack12982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2017 at 4:28am
I'm just outside of Wichita, KS. If you guys did something big enough with some notice ahead of time, I'd love to just come hang out. I'm still trying to get my 2A back on the road in between classes.
94 ZJ w/ 5.2 and a few goodies
47 Willy's CJ-2A
ricco View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2017 at 2:07pm
Just hanging out here in Olathe.  Sounds like the beginnings of a new chapter of the IFFC!  My time available seems to be compressing the older I get, so as long as there is plenty of notice, it would be fun to meet up!
She can dance a cajun rhythm....jump like a Willy's in four wheel drive...("Sugar Magnolia")

'48 CJ2A #204845 "Lumpy"
MooCow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MooCow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2017 at 3:40am
Well when it drops below 500 degrees we should set something up!

1949 CJ3A
Bret View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2017 at 11:17am
I live in Shawnee & would be interested in getting together.
ricco View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2017 at 1:37pm
If we're all going to drive to meet up, we should probably start thinking of a centralized location, and find out what will work for everyone.  I like Brian's idea of finding a fairly local place to wheel around for the day.  If the time is limited, maybe just meet up at a burger drive in kind of place...Jonny Rays in Lee's Summit comes to mind.   I too think we should wait till the temps drop, that will give us some time to figure out the logistics of a meeting place.  What ya'll think?
She can dance a cajun rhythm....jump like a Willy's in four wheel drive...("Sugar Magnolia")

'48 CJ2A #204845 "Lumpy"
47heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2017 at 12:32am
Johnny Ray's is less than 5 miles from my house. Their next cruise night is Aug. 19th. If we wanted to drive Jeeps over, those that live farther away might have to trailer. We could unload & depart from my house & caravan over.
47heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2018 at 6:30am
Lets see if we can get something going this year.Looking for ideas. Anything from just getting together to talk Jeeps & eat pizza. Getting a group of Jeeps together in a car show. (Ottawa & Paola have large ones) Maybe a cruise night somewhere or trail ride at an off road park.
Cj3bmutt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cj3bmutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2018 at 11:15am
I’m just outside of topeka.  With some notice and nothing else going on that weekend, sounds like a good idea
MooCow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MooCow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2018 at 7:24pm
Belton has a cool cruise night once a month starting in April on the original brick lined main street. I think it is the 4th Saturday. I would love to head back down to the ranch in Prineville. Mo like we did last fall, I really enjoyed it.  If you guys want to meet up for some dinner in the next moth or so I am up for that too.
1949 CJ3A
47heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2018 at 8:34pm
I'd like to go back to Rush Springs Ranch. I talked to Ryan_289 about going the end of May or the first of June. I haven't been to the Belton cruise night in years. It's fun & a lot of cars show up.
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2018 at 3:10am
I like all the ideas you all have came up with, but my favorite would be getting together at an off road park. It looked like you all had a lot of fun at Pineville last Fall and I would be up for another trip there. The only other OHV areas I am familiar within a few hours of KC that a roll bar would not be required are Disney, OK and Tuttle Creek OHV near Manhattan, KS. Most of the videos of Disney and Turtle Creek are geared more towards the extreme obstacles, but both of these parks offer some easy backwood trails.  The end of May sounds like a great time to me to squeeze in a trip before the heat, humidity, and bugs move in for the summer here in the Midwest. We are looking forward to being a part of whatever get together is decided upon. 
 Post Reply Post Reply