Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Bantam Trailer.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Bantam Trailer.....
    Posted: 02 Aug. 2017 at 4:33pm
New here,  thanks for letting me join this forum. I just acquired a Bantam trailer and thought I would share some pictures. I'm not sure what age the trailer is, but am sure it is a later civilian model. The ID tag is missing, and a prior owner built a really cheezy hitch(which I removed). The original axle has been replaced with a square tube with Ford spindles welded on to accept the wide 5 '36-'39 Ford hubs and wheels. Overall, the metal is pretty decent. The floor is a little wavy and has minor rust issues in the front. What do you think?

Edited by spudder - 02 Aug. 2017 at 4:47pm
Batjac65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batjac65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2017 at 11:46pm
I like her. What are your plans?
1946 CJ2A #75375
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2017 at 11:53pm
welcome and congrats...  one day I'll own a Bantam Wink
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
spudder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2017 at 3:38pm
I'm not sure what my plans are. I'm going to build a usable hitch adapter that will bolt on and allow use of a 2 inch ball.
I've wanted one of these trailers to pull behind my pickup/camper, but might consider selling.
 Never know what this ole man may do!
 Post Reply Post Reply