Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vintage Willys @ The Rubicon Trail 2018 - Event Date: 29 July 2018 - 02 Aug. 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232425
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2018 at 5:49am
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

Originally posted by JeepFever JeepFever wrote:

I went to all the expense and time to install a locker for this trip,  and may have not got any benefit.

So maybe you don't really need it? 

If it had been working,  I might not have had to back up, and try hitting some spots a little faster. . .   It definitely would have helped on the rockpile at end of Jpet's Day2 video,  when I had to be extracted by BobW's winch.   One tire was stuffed up into fender on a big rock,  and the other was spinning in the air.

On the otherhand,  it does appear we made it up some tough spots with open front,  there are a few times in video that one of the tires was in air, and spinning faster than ground speed.   Luckily momentum, and/or the rear carried us over.
chasendeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2019 at 4:42pm
Any talk of 2019?
Jay
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2019 at 1:55am
As much as I would love to do again,  . .  It is very unlikely I would attempt that almost 6000 mile round trip in 2019  (2 years in a row).

I do not regret making that long trip in 2018,   (probably a day does not go by that I don't think about it),  . . .  but it will be a while before I can do again.
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2019 at 2:31am
Originally posted by JeepFever JeepFever wrote:

As much as I would love to do again,  . .  It is very unlikely I would attempt that almost 6000 mile round trip in 2019  (2 years in a row).

I do not regret making that long trip in 2018,   (probably a day does not go by that I don't think about it),  . . .  but it will be a while before I can do again.

X2
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2019 at 3:22pm
Exactly one year ago from today,   Kyle and I were in the truck headed to Jpet's house.   The first leg in a long journey across the country.

Lots of nervous energy and excitement.   Questions in my mind at the time ->  would Wilson make it across Rubicon without breaking?  can we squeeze in Moab, and Ouray on the return trip?

The trip was fantastic,  and I think think about it often.   Thanks to everyone who attended for making it so memorable,  and especially to Jeff and Stan for getting the idea started and leading it.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2019 at 5:12pm
I think of it often too and I’m glad we can all get together and have these epic adventures.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
chasendeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2019 at 6:05am
How about 2020??
jeepcj559 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepcj559 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2019 at 6:23pm
I would be in for 2020
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2019 at 9:12pm
I would be in as a rider for 2020, if a seat is open.  Help move rocks.  :)
Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
teardrop camper: https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=201740
slipinkramer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slipinkramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2019 at 11:35pm
I'm up for 2020 anytime from the beginning of April though the end of October.  Also, I would have the passenger's seat open.

I only have to travel 6 hours to get to the Loon Lake trail head so I'll let others who must really travel far suggest dates.

slipinkramer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232425