Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1948 CJ2A Just Hauled In

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Glennstin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glennstin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1948 CJ2A Just Hauled In
    Posted: 22 Dec. 2017 at 4:00pm
Solid nonrefundable deposit taken. It's going to northern NY.

SOLD, This CJ2A now lives in the Adirondack Mtns. of Northern NY. Hope he keeps in touch.

Edited by Glennstin - 07 Jan. 2018 at 4:48pm
'50 Jeepster, Two '55 Customs (Aero), '58 CJ3B, Willys Special Equipment, Literature, AL-TOY JEEPS
Glennstin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glennstin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep. 2017 at 10:52pm
My Willys Hershey Space is RNH 33-34, out by Hershey Park Drive in front of the old stadium. Willys Nuts are invited to come by, sit a spell, enjoy a cool beverage, and tell me your great Willys stories. I'll be there Wednesday, Thurs, Friday. Call me 207-491-1234 to be sure I'm not out roaming around. This year I'm adding another odd ball Willys to the discussion, the Aero Willys Car built from 1952 to 1955 in Toledo and then a bunch of years in Brazil. I don't have one yet, but stay tuned. Don't forget, if you know of ANY DJ3A examples, Colin and I are keeping a DJ3A Production / Survivor List and need your entries. Rain, Rain, Stay Away!!
'50 Jeepster, Two '55 Customs (Aero), '58 CJ3B, Willys Special Equipment, Literature, AL-TOY JEEPS
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2017 at 6:16pm
Love that snow-dozer!
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
Rons2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rons2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep. 2017 at 2:53pm
I just saw your "for sale" post. I wish I had a cradle,(garage), where that baby could sleep. If I did I would be at your door step now with cash in hand. I will pray for you and your "bad ticker". I hope that just being able to own and enjoy the Jeep has brought you happiness.
CJ2a 14159
Jeeperagain
Glennstin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glennstin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep. 2017 at 7:25pm
I've decided at 75 and a bad ticker I can't do this one justice. I'm going to sell it. I'll put an ad over in the CJ2A For Sale Section. If a fairly original CJ2A blows your dress up, contact me. I'll be going to Hershey AACA Meet Oct. 3 and can deliver there or in between for expenses. My Space # is RED FIELD RNH 33-34. I won't take the CJ2A unless it's sold.
2/14Marine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2/14Marine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep. 2017 at 2:43am
I have a Ramsey 101 on my CJ3A. Unfortunately I'm missing the clutch that attaches it to the crankshaft pulley. To release the tension there is a handle on the left of the spool. Pull on it, it will disengage the spool. You should have a handle on the left side of the drivers side floor board. That will engage the clutch to the crankshaft pulley. 

Javier

Glennstin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glennstin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep. 2017 at 10:00pm
Thanks to Bob W for helping with pix. That Ramsey Winch is not exactly like the Model 101 Sales Page from The Special Equipment Book:
This one doesn't have inside the cab control. I've used PTO winches forever, but this is the first crankshaft driven I've ever had. How do you release the tension? Anyone else got one?
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep. 2017 at 9:38pm
That's what you call Yankee ingenuity.
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep. 2017 at 7:32pm
More....

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep. 2017 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Willy M Willy M wrote:

I've seen those double latches and figured it was an owner added accessory.   Not sure why though.  

Grampa's Jeep has double latches. It cuts down on the hood rattle some.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
dsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep. 2017 at 5:10pm
That's a very clean and nice 2a. Good example for an emerald green.
Willy M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Willy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep. 2017 at 2:28pm
I've seen those double latches and figured it was an owner added accessory.   Not sure why though.

Never heard that about the mounting a coil horizontally.  I've done it, but for clearance issues though, especially with a large performance coil.  

Yep, I like the been there, done that look too.  Restorations are fine, but I'd be afraid I'd scratch the paint up on some bushes.  

ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep. 2017 at 2:06pm
I really like it!! In my personal opinion, I like this look the best!! Just dug out and crusty Tongue I recently saw another new member has the double set of hood latches... Interesting hooks on back fenders?  Also interesting coil mounting, I think I once read mounting them horizontally prolonged there life? That is a good find for Maine, congratulations, have fun!!
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep. 2017 at 1:21pm
That is a very cool score and I love the half cab.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep. 2017 at 11:14am
More of Glenn's photos...

Glennstin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glennstin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep. 2017 at 8:05pm
OK, after a delay I'll update the post. I've looked hard to find a tailgate number finding none. Roamed around these pages and found that bodies of non ACM built '48's don't have one. I've got pix and we'll see if I can get some on here. If they don't show up, email me and I'll send 'em. For a Maine rig, she isn't bad, but it sure isn't a CA example. That Ramsey Winch I think is a Model 101, a crankshaft driven one, and the first I've ever seen. I have the sales sheet from the Special Equipment Book for both the winch and the Ross Sno Dozer, but the sheet I have says Glenn Ross Co. Anyone else have one? This is probably about how it came from the Factory as the plow would have been a Fisher if installed in Maine. Well only one pix came thru. Email for more.

Edited by Glennstin - 13 Sep. 2017 at 8:08pm
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep. 2017 at 2:01pm
Pictures, Pictures!! Been checking for updates
dsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2017 at 2:04am
I have a cj2a with vin-220936,body number -209595. Would like to see your 2a . Mine was painted emerald green based on what I found at places on the body during the rebuild.Regards and waiting.

Edited by dsc - 03 Sep. 2017 at 2:06am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>