Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any experience with MDJuan trailer parts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any experience with MDJuan trailer parts
    Posted: 08 Sep. 2017 at 2:02am
Has anyone here had any experience with the trailer parts from MDJuan?  I looking at needing 2 of the tail light braces, one fender and a bed.
koobd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koobd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct. 2017 at 7:44pm
I got a "new" MD Juan trailer body from a dealer in AZ. came in red primer. had minor rusting in locations, but overall really nice. its still sitting in the garage awaiting build, but I'm happy with it. well built and heavy.
jwm1955 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwm1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct. 2017 at 9:43pm
Just finished installing the rear panels.

Couldn't be happier, I have installed many panels, (jeeps, Model A's and 64 Chev Pickup), and these fit better than 90% of all I have installed. All panels require some work.

The top had to be cut out.

to fit the top "pipe", but mine were in pretty good shape.

Better to have more material than not enough.

Pretty easy to install.

Note, the top holes for the tailgate chains were not cut out as pictured in the flyer, but that is a good thing.

Jon.
mickeykelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct. 2017 at 4:42am
Thanks for the input guys.  I think I'm going go ahead and put these on Santa's list. 
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct. 2017 at 12:21pm
I'm glad to here a report on these as I'm the one who supplied the original pieces of which to use as patterns and they were good solid examples.
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
mickeykelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct. 2017 at 3:03pm
Since the chain hole was not there, were the reflector holes predrilled?  The light mounting strip is on the back?  I've heard the extra piece of square metal below the chain hole is also missing.  Can you post pic of it when attached?
jwm1955 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwm1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct. 2017 at 11:44am
Reflector holes predrilled.

Light mounting strip attached and holes pre-drilled. The mounting holes were spaced at 2" center to center, as my originals, however had to modify as I used Ford Model A lights, modified as described here:

http://bantamt3c.com/bantamtaillampproject.htm

You are correct on the piece of metal on the back, it is not on the panel. Easy to add however.

Post Reply Post Reply