Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Trading Post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

have axles looking for t90c

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stude-a-willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: have axles looking for t90c
    Posted: 08 Sep. 2017 at 5:34pm
I have 2 sets of front and rear axles in my yard. They do turn. 1 front has lockout hubs. The other has no hubs at all. At least one drum is cracked. I bought them used and I don't know much about them. Consider them rebuilders. I think they are CJ2a and unadulterated, open diffs.

I'm looking for a T90C transmission to rebuild. 

Thank you.

Studebaker re-powered CJ2a
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2017 at 5:55pm
Mr. Rudy,
How  ya doing? Missed riding with  you this year.

My understanding is that a T90C uses that same case as the earlier T90, it just has a different input shaft/gear and cluster gear. I'm am no expert and I may be pulling this  out of a distorted part of my memory, but if you are doing a rebuild anyway I bet you could talk to the Novak guys and they could get you the parts to make your T90 into a T90C. 

That won't solve your problem of a bunch of old rusty axles cluttering up  your yard though. Smile

As is the case with anything I comment on, I would always advise you check with someone smarter and more experience than me before starting  your project based on what I say.

Here's Novak's info page on the T90.
http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/transmissions/manual/t90

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
stude-a-willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stude-a-willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2017 at 6:37pm
Thanks, Stan. Yeah. Missed you on the trails this summer for sure. It has been quite a summer. You guys never cease to amaze me.

The useless axles in the yard are the main problem for me and a potential solution for someone else.

I am aiming to get lower trail velocities with the T90C gearset. I would kind of like to build a trans on the bench, then swap it out all at once without the downtime of rebuilding my perfectly good T90A with T90C input and cluster.

I have the t90C input shaft already and I'm on the lookout for the main gear cluster. I think my chances of finding the entire transmission are actually better. 

Edited by stude-a-willys - 08 Sep. 2017 at 8:20pm
Studebaker re-powered CJ2a
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep. 2017 at 7:29pm
The gears appear to be available from Herm the Overdrive Guy. Low gear front main drive gear $110, Low gear cluster gear $130. If you need an empty clean case (with a pile of gears and new roller bearings) I'd be open to offers. Can't help with the axles. Just donated two of mine to get them out of the yard.
Mike S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb. 2018 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by stude-a-willys stude-a-willys wrote:

Thanks, Stan. Yeah. Missed you on the trails this summer for sure. It has been quite a summer. You guys never cease to amaze me.

The useless axles in the yard are the main problem for me and a potential solution for someone else.

I am aiming to get lower trail velocities with the T90C gearset. I would kind of like to build a trans on the bench, then swap it out all at once without the downtime of rebuilding my perfectly good T90A with T90C input and cluster.

I have the t90C input shaft already and I'm on the lookout for the main gear cluster. I think my chances of finding the entire transmission are actually better.

When I needed to rebuild, i converted my T90A to a TC90C with new input and lower gear cluster, since I needed some new parts anyway. You can buy the parts from Herm.
'47 CJ2A -- #114542
Warn FF D41 rear
Lock-Right locker
11" drum brakes
Dual master cylinder
T90C Transmission
16 X 6 Jeep truck wheels
Cooper STT Pro tires
 Post Reply Post Reply