Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my 48

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my 48
    Posted: 23 Sep. 2018 at 6:41am
Originally posted by nofender nofender wrote:

If this forum was full of purists, they would have thrown me out two years ago! 

If this forum were full of purists, it would be a small forum.  Smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2018 at 11:30pm
I'm so confused. I was really digging this build. 

I always took the "bubba" comments as just tongue in cheek fun. Take a look at my build/Jeeps. If this forum was full of purists, they would have thrown me out two years ago! 

Post up man! 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
mikec4193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec4193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2018 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by BryanB BryanB wrote:

news flash guys, if it weren’t  for “bubba” most of these Jeeps would have been soup cans decades ago. I, for one can appreciate the guy who couldn’t afford or didn’t have the ability to do it “just right” but made it happen and kept his Jeep jeeping. Lots of old Jeep snobs here. 

So right on right there...yes please keep posting on here...I am cobber from way back...I see both sides...old Jeeps are cool either way...

MikeC
I am the squirrel....
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep. 2018 at 3:00am
I'm sorry you feel that way man Ouch 
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep. 2018 at 2:59am
I can Bubba things and I can return a vehicle that was as it was off the assembly line. The cost is not really a factor.
uncamonkey
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep. 2018 at 2:28am
A mod done to keep a Jeep going is one thing.  A cobbled-together mess of Bubba work is something entirely different.  The Bubba who owned Ol' Unreliable at one time apparently had three tools: a big screwdriver, a hammer, and a 5-gallon bucket of RTV silicone.  And I'm not sure about the hammer. 
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep. 2018 at 1:19am
I'm sorry if you got ticked off. None of my Jeeps have ever been stock. They just do what they are supposed to do.
uncamonkey
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep. 2018 at 1:15am
Bryan,
I'm not sure where you're coming from.  I see no "Boo-hooing" or "Bubba" comments in your thread.  In fact, every comment has been positive, appreciative and approving of your build.  

1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
TateC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TateC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep. 2018 at 12:54am
I am sorry you have had some bad experiences on the forum. I hope you choose to keep posting because this is one of my favorite build threads on the forum.
Tate Christensen
1941 Ford GP #9687
1943 Willys MB #263100
1944 Ford GPW #234613
1945 Willys CJ2A #10226
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep. 2018 at 11:14pm
Maybe i need to move my project to the modified section? Or just stop posting on this page...pretty much a waste of time. Just lots of people here boo-hooing about “bubba”... news flash guys, if it weren’t  for “bubba” most of these Jeeps would have been soup cans decades ago. I, for one can appreciate the guy who couldn’t afford or didn’t have the ability to do it “just right” but made it happen and kept his Jeep jeeping. Lots of old Jeep snobs here. 
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep. 2018 at 12:16am
Found these wheels on the list so I grabbed em up and mounted my 33x10.50s on em. I really dig it, have full lock to lock steering as well.
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep. 2018 at 12:12am
nope, I bought this one somewhere around Rockford Illinois.
vidaliaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vidaliaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug. 2018 at 5:38pm
sorry, i mean't Bryan
vidaliaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vidaliaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug. 2018 at 5:37pm
hey Brian, wanna get over to your place to see what ya have and what your are working on, was that jeep the one that was in Howard City mi for sale?

dave
gowen mi
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2018 at 12:09pm
finally moving forward again on my project. I got seriously derailed spending over a month in Wisconsin on a project for work, and finishing up my barn project. But alas I am back to it. I got my rubbers yesterday! I went with a 33x10.50 dick cepek extreme country. I was seriously pondering going with 34" swampers like rick g, but I also wanted a radial. Im sure my steering radius will suffer, but meh....i can deal with that 
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2018 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by On Jeep About On Jeep About wrote:

new timing goodies
oh I’m to late at this thread but I would like to hint anyway that these odd fire Buick’s prefer the nylon cam gear. I’ve worn out several all steel sets in less then 6000 miles, finally put in a nylon set and still running it many years now. So when you start hearing lots of clattering at the front of your fresh rebuild try to remember this comment. And source a nylon gear.

Thanks for the tip, I always was under the impression the nylon gears didn’t hold up! I’ve put a few of these together with this setup, but none are even close to that mileage, I guess time will tell!
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2018 at 2:01pm
Sure didn’t check that..lol prob should... what’s a couple more holes to close up! I’m going to repaint the emblems to go with whatever color I use, I’m not a fan of any chrome, the Jeep will either be grey with black stuff or pasture type green with a yellowish-whiteish stuff...or something else entirely lolLOL
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2018 at 11:18am

what you guys think? Wanted to homage to what it is...
I think it looks great, I would do the whole paint job based on the emblem(red trim?). Did you check to make sure the windshield arm doesn't cover it? Joe W
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>