Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my 48

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2017 at 1:54am
Save the empties and use the recycling money on the Jeep.  Win win

BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2017 at 2:14am
Thanks everyone for the comments and encouragement! What turns me into a bud light killer is my turd of a compressor...i will run the da sander untill she wont go anymore, then i wait, and have a beer...then i sand...then i wait, and have a beer....this usually continues untill i ask my lovely lady to get me more bud light,  and she kindly declines haha.
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2017 at 2:46am
Smile  When I was into pulling trucks and tractors, one of my pals was being interviewed by a local radio personality at a pull one night. As usual, he was thanking his crew.  The radio guy asked, "How many hours of labor do you have in your truck?" The answer was, "Well, I don't know about hours, but there's about 40 cases of Budweiser in it." LOL   BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Willy M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2017 at 4:58am
Yep, I can relate on the compressor wait.  I can run an impact wrench if I go slow and give it time to build back up between wheels.   My late father in law built the shop as a wood working shop with low ceilings so air tools weren't much of a concern to him.  And he definitely didn't have a mechanic son in law in mind then.  Still, beats the heck out of a shade tree.  

BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2017 at 7:38pm
on to the tub
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2017 at 2:02am
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2017 at 2:10am
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2017 at 2:12am
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2017 at 9:03am
Hey, fellow Michigander. There is at least 4-5 Grand Rapids area flat fenders on this site all with 48's. Keep in mind in 2018 all our jeeps will be celebrating their 70th birthday. I keep moving my on the road date up but I think we should all get together for a birthday party next year. Nice job on the tub by the way. Joe W
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2017 at 11:13am
Tub looks awesome. Nice work! 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
Willy M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2017 at 3:20pm
Great work on that tub!  

Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2017 at 9:17pm
Nice work on that tub,keep up the good work and keep the pictures coming.Thumbs Up
1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2017 at 11:00pm
Thanks everyone! The tub came out nice, it is def. not perfect but for my intent I love it! I will get back after the tin when the nice weather comes back this spring. For now it is sealed up in epoxy! For the winter it will be chassis and drivetrain work, fitting my tub and odd fire up on the frame so i dont have any surprises! Got a set of axles to pillage out of another decrepit rig, spruce em up, saginaw swap ect ect ext! This is my 2nd flat fender and im on #4 for short nose cj5s! I am 33 yrs old, apparently i have an old soul! I love the old iron. Today I took a non script tailgate and grafted in the script from a '2a tailgate that was smoked. I will add some photos in a bit. Still need to finish the seam up, but so far, so good!
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2017 at 11:04pm
I realized that after I bought this machine! I absolutely will have it done to honor its 70th! It would be cool to get together with some other fools like Me! There aren't many folks around that appreciate this sweet old American history! We need to stick together!
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2017 at 11:14pm
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2017 at 11:22pm
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2017 at 11:24pm
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2017 at 11:26pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>